Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Continuous inputs to Tello.

Kudbettin

Reaction score
Hello,

I was looking to write small programs where I'll be feeding inputs frequently, (e.g. every millisecond) and wanted to be able to stop executing the previous command after receiving a new one. (Similar to a remote controller but faster)

The regular SDK seemed to be very limited in terms of what you can do. The next command isn't even executed if it's fed before the OK signal, which takes around a second. I have looked over a couple of repos, (notably gobot and microlinus), but I still have a feeling that there is some api/program other people built that exactly does what I want to do: handle rapidly changing inputs

Could anyone point me to a right direction? Are there any apis that I can use to achieve this? (preferably python)

Thanks.

Not sure you can jam commands faster than the OK responses, but hack away and report back.

There are several python libraries out on Github and literally hundreds of projects in various states of repair.
Try hanyazou's library.

Ryze themselves have a batch of sample code (BTW, download the SDK manual for 1.3 from dji) at:

Thank you,

I will be updating the post for notable developments.

The gobot API seems more capable then I initially thought, I'll be playing around with it.

I believe the joystick commands have a lot of potential in this regard. The drone is responsive to rapidly changing commands and it doesn't seem to have any sorts of inhibiting feedback cycles, i.e. "OK" signal.

In fact, gobot has a joystick command but I haven't figured it out how to use it yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv