Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Controller for IOS

BaronVonPants

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am completely new to this hobby and purchased a Tello as a starting drone.

I have been doing a lot of reading and it seems the general agreement is that the Gamesir T1s is the controller to get but I keep reading that it is android and windows only.

I have an iPhone 8 plus and am trying to find out the best controller for this phone but I cant find anything.

I assume I am just not very good at searching but any advice you wonderful people can give would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Pants

Reactions: DrDrew4
You have a keen eye but that is not a 3G iPhone. It's my 11 year old original iPhone 2G. It still charges and works on WiFi. No SIM card tho
Ohh, we never got the 2g version, so I never knew it looked like that. Does the Tello app work on that?

Reactions: DrDrew4
Ohh, we never got the 2g version, so I never knew it looked like that. Does the Tello app work on that?

Hardly any apps work on the original iPhone 2G because it can only run very early versions of iOS. New apps require more recent versions of iOS to function.

I only used the 2G in the photo because I can't take a picture of my iPhone X while it's actually in the controller. Lol

Reactions: Ansia
Hardly any apps work on the original iPhone 2G because it can only run very early versions of iOS. New apps require more recent versions of iOS to function.

I only used the 2G in the photo because I can't take a picture of my iPhone X while it's actually in the controller. Lol

Do you have any issues with the steelseries controller like signal interference and stuff like that?

Can someone tell me where the best place to get a controller from? I think it would help me much better then using my phone. Thanks!

Did anyone answer the original questions?

Hello All,

.... Gamesir T1s is the controller to get but I keep reading that it is android and windows only.
Does this controller only work with iOS? When I tried to buy one it said Android

Hello All,

I have an iPhone 8 plus and am trying to find out the best controller for this phone but I cant find anything.
I have an iPhone X - looking to get a controller

I'm going to keep looking for a solution but I don't want to buy one only to have to return it. If the T1s works with iOS what exactly do you need to make it work.

Im checking youtube. If I find the answer I will report my findings here.

Did anyone answer the original questions?

Does this controller only work with iOS? When I tried to buy one it said Android

I have an iPhone X - looking to get a controller

I'm going to keep looking for a solution but I don't want to buy one only to have to return it. If the T1s works with iOS what exactly do you need to make it work.

Im checking youtube. If I find the answer I will report my findings here.
Hi, you need to get the Gamesir T1d version. I have one and I’m using it with my iPhone X and I’m very pleased with it. Apparently the T1d is a special variant modified especially for the TELLO. The T1s apparently won’t work with the TELLO.
The T1d won’t work with other Bluetooth games on the iPhone though.

I read that there is lag with the T1d. Is that true. I would prefer a wired version. Can you do that with the T1d?

I really can’t detect any lag at all using the T1d. But there again I’m not looking for a racing drone response.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv