Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Controller

Mori55

Reaction score
I ordered a flymore kit for my 9 year old granddaughter.
I was wondering how many use a controller instead of a phone ? I kinda want her to get used to sticks like mavic minI. Not sure what I’m going to do. Just want some input. I use a iPhone.

I was wondering how many use a controller instead of a phone ?
Kudos to Grandpa and congrats to granddaughter!

Disclaimer: I know nothing about iDevices.

But to answer your question, a lot of people here use external controllers. I use an Android phone, and have a Gamesir T1s controller but hardly ever use it. Most of the time I prefer the simplicity of just a phone and a Tello.

Many people claim to have finer control with an external RC but personally I haven't found that to be the case. You have to press against the spring resistance of the sticks and to me that makes it more difficult to make slow easy movements. Keeping my thumbs lightly pressed to the phone screen, just move them a tad and it's easy to stop and hold in place for a slow yaw, slow climb, or other slow desirable movements.

Just my 2 cents worth...

Reactions: volate!lo
... and I use a GameSir T1s too.

In my opinion, it is a better experience with a controller - but then again, I am an old time RC flyer, so I am more used to sticks than a screen to fly.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

For me simplicity rules, so its 90% phone only

Let her try it first, and if it doesn't work for her look into controllers (gamesir T1d isn't the best choice, maybe gamevice or PS4).
In my experience kids are more careful with onscreen controls than with controllers.

I would definitely start her with the controller for the reason you stated, it preps her in using the sticks and flying more advanced drones. I also think it will be easier for her to control using the sticks and it opens up a full view of the screen.

I got the td1 since I have a iPhone. It actually works great. Very little if any lag in it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv