Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Controller

So, to recap, if I want a controller for my iPhone 11 Pro Max get the T1d and connect BT?
For Android (Samsung) phone or tablet get a T1s with a OTG cable?
For precision flying get a gamepad?
does gamepad work on iOS?
could somebody clarify for me plz. Currently using a steelseries XL connection BT to Samsung tablet, that only works with TelloFPV, but it doesn’t seem to be very responsive.

So, to recap, if I want a controller for my iPhone 11 Pro Max get the T1d and connect BT?
For Android (Samsung) phone or tablet get a T1s with a OTG cable?
For precision flying get a gamepad?
does gamepad work on iOS?
could somebody clarify for me plz. Currently using a steelseries XL connection BT to Samsung tablet, that only works with TelloFPV, but it doesn’t seem to be very responsive.
To test responsiveness / lag: Switch to sport mode, and test YAW only.
The delay you can see now is lag. Should be around 10-20ms via OTG, and maybe 30-40ms using BT.

Many people see a slow response to pitch & roll and think its controller lag. In the vast majority of cases its not (I have seen / heard of a few very slow controllers, but these are exotics). Most often its input filtering happening inside Tello.

To test responsiveness / lag: Switch to sport mode, and test YAW only.
The delay you can see now is lag. Should be around 10-20ms via OTG, and maybe 30-40ms using BT.

Many people see a slow response to pitch & roll and think its controller lag. In the vast majority of cases its not (I have seen / heard of a few very slow controllers, but these are exotics). Most often its input filtering happening inside Tello.
Lol. Did you just say I should get away from my steelseries? I know. Coming soon! ? I have lots to learn. And lots to buy! But y’all are great! Thanks for all the input and advice!
So I sent my tello up about 40’ away from me while I fished my pond. I knew I’d catch a fish within a few casts. Was trying to upload the video, but I guess I need to upload it to YouTube first? Maybe that’s a whole different thread. ?‍♂️ Sorry. Still learning tellopilots.com etiquette. Thanks again! Happy Drone leap year

Lol. Did you just say I should get away from my steelseries? I know. Coming soon! ? I have lots to learn. And lots to buy! But y’all are great! Thanks for all the input and advice!
So I sent my tello up about 40’ away from me while I fished my pond. I knew I’d catch a fish within a few casts. Was trying to upload the video, but I guess I need to upload it to YouTube first? Maybe that’s a whole different thread. ?‍♂️ Sorry. Still learning tellopilots.com etiquette. Thanks again! Happy Drone leap year
So get a gamesir t1s right? Or gamepad? Or both?

the steelseries should be fine. Just test true lag using the "sportmode + yaw" test I described above.
I don't think you will see significant delay - 20-40m is nothing in the great scheme of things. But I don't have that controller so could be wrong.

the steelseries should be fine. Just test true lag using the "sportmode + yaw" test I described above.
I don't think you will see significant delay - 20-40m is nothing in the great scheme of things. But I don't have that controller so could be wrong.
gotcha I'm on it thank you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode