Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

creating new mission pads

rkmadhavan109

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm trying to create new mission pads in a creative design and am wondering if I can somehow change the source code for how the drone actually detects mission pads. So far I've gotten access to the bottom camera but I still don't understand how the drone is able to detect the pads and how I can somehow change that.

The drone firmware cannot be changed and it only "understands" the patterns you see on the mission pads or the large mission carpets.

But you can use other kind of markers (Aruco, April tags etc.), when you read the video stream coming from the bottom camera via network connection and apply your own detection algorithm externally. From that you can calulate the commands controlling the drone's movement in your own software and send it back to the drone.

Essentially you're saying I just grab the footage from the bottom camera and have it put it into an external device that will then apply some computer vision algorithm I create myself, then just output that back to the drone?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atapattu