Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Data Recovery

ordony92

Reaction score
Dears,

Can anyone help me please?

I have accidentally deleted about 3 videos from the Tello app on my iPhone instead of saving them on the phone.

Is there any way to recover them?

Appreciate the responses!

Dears,

Can anyone help me please?

I have accidentally deleted about 3 videos from the Tello app on my iPhone instead of saving them on the phone.

Is there any way to recover them?

Appreciate the responses!
Hi, I hated myself when I did that with my granddaughter’s (6) showing off video dancing in our garden ☹️☹️☹️
I think we are stuffed ? I tried but no luck to get it back...

Google "ios deleted file recovery"
Lots of links there.
Sorry, I don't have any iDevices so can't be more specific.

I followed a Google link to the Apple website, this is what it said:

Get your photos back
If you accidentally delete a photo, you have 30 days to get it back from your Recently Deleted album. When you recover photos and videos, they go back into your All Photos album.
  1. Open the Photos app and go to the Albums tab.
  2. Open the Recently Deleted album and tap Select.
  3. Tap each photo or video that you want to keep.
  4. Tap Recover and confirm that you want to recover the photos.
If you're missing a photo or video, you can try these steps to find it.

Hi @umanbean
Thanks for your help but those videos were deleted from the Tello app itself...

Regards
When the Tello app takes a video it is stored on the phone or tablet somewhere, using the iOS file system. Any iOS file recovery efforts would be the same no matter what app generated the video or photo file.

Until that file gets overwritten by something else, it's still there. Possibly, rather than using Apple's 'Recently Deleted' album, one would have to use a third-party recovery utility.

If the device was Android, or a Windows computer, I could be a lot more specific and a lot more help, sorry.

Last edited:
Hi, on IOS the Tello app does not store the photos or videos automatically to the iPhone :( you need to save them yourself...unless I’m missing something to tick :)
Will look again to see if there is any setting to change...
Thanks ?

Wish I had an iPhone to play with, this just seems doable to me... or better yet - wish an iOS Guru would show up in this thread... maybe if the thread title was edited to include the term "iOS file recovery"?

Reactions: Maersk65
Hi @umanbean
I had a look again and I can’t find any settings in the Tello app to auto save to iPhone:(
But, as you said hopefully someone will show up :)
Regards

I'm sorry to hear about your missing videos. We've all been there, so don't feel bad. There are a few things you can try to recover them. First, try to check if they're still in your phone's Recently Deleted album. If you can't find them, you can try using a data recovery app. It should help you to recover the videos from your phone. But the better decision is to contact qualified IT experts, like those at https://www.nwitservices.com/services/law-firm-support. They may be able to help you further. Good luck, and I hope you're able to get your videos back!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv