Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

DIY Leg extensions for Tello

Donny66

Reaction score
I used 4 BD Ultra—Fine Nano Pen Needles (plastic cover only (without the needles of course). Here are pics of my drone with my DIY landing gear that weighs very little. If you know anyone that uses these pens get them as they are disposable and fit well.

Attachments

• C6286DBF-DE78-4669-9E36-FD0DCF6AFCC8.jpeg
    C6286DBF-DE78-4669-9E36-FD0DCF6AFCC8.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Your idea is cool. But I don't think it's a necessity for tello because I just use palm take off and landing. Its kinda cruel for this little bird to deal with hard surfaces

Your idea is cool. But I don't think it's a necessity for tello because I just use palm take off and landing. Its kinda cruel for this little bird to deal with hard surfaces

They actually fit well and I land it perfectly on my hand. I want to see if I mod a little LED on the bottom and need the extra clearance. If not I will put the LED on top.

They actually fit well and I land it perfectly on my hand. I want to see if I mod a little LED on the bottom and need the extra clearance. If not I will put the LED on top.

Well done, it's a good idea, but consider the weight not to put extra load on those little motors.
Show us the results.
Good luck.

Lol I'm doing the same thing but a little different

I want to see if I mod a little LED on the bottom
Be careful, the heatsinks on the bottom of the Tello must be kept free so that the prop-wash can cool them otherwise you will get overheating warnings and the Tello may shut down just when you don't want it.

Be careful, the heatsinks on the bottom of the Tello must be kept free so that the prop-wash can cool them otherwise you will get overheating warnings and the Tello may shut down just when you don't want it.
Thanks for the advice I don't wanna ruined it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan