Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

DJI Tello Drone Security Capabilities?

TorrentialDowns

Reaction score
Recently received a DJI Tello Drone for Christmas and had an idea for rigging it as somewhat of a security drone. I was thinking that by using the IBM Watson AI that they developed back in 2018, a motion sensor connected to a raspberry pi, and a UDP connection from the rPi to the drone I would be able to rig up a mobile security camera.

I have recently just started looking into programming for drones, and seriously programming (not just scratch, khanAcademy, etc.) for about a year, so I wanted to start this thread so I could possibly get assistance whenever needed by fellow enthusiasts.

Wish me luck!

I think that is a good idea. Amazon will be coming out with one like that in the new year. It might give you ideas on how to do it. We have done some work with flying the Tello with a Raspberry PI. We took the short course on Droneblocks about the Raspberry Pi and then got his script Github. All we did was modify the end of his python program for our commands. Not to hard for a beginner programmer You can see the Tello flying a box pattern, on one of our vides on Youtube NECATX. We were using a CrowPi in that video. We just used the Pi's UDE for this. Good luck and ldet us know how you proceed with this project.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode