Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Do your tellos rotate to one side consistently during hover indoor?

Guorium

Reaction score
Mine drifts for about 40cm from the takeoff point and then it does this rotation to the right, it is very very slow.

Last edited:
Mine drifts for about 40cm from the takeoff point and then it does this rotation to the right then stops at certain angle, it is very very slow, I'd say perhaps 6 min into the hover and it stops rotating.
Mine did this. A gravity calibration fixed it.

Turn the lights on. Hope it fixes it for you.

Turn the lights on. Hope it fixes it for you.
still investigating. Flew on my nicely stripe parterned table with sunlight through the window and still rotated to the right. But it happened way slower than in my bedroom. Also did imu and grav calib so I donno what made the change there, I think brighter surface helped...

still investigating. Flew on my nicely stripe parterned table with sunlight through the window and still rotated to the right. But it happened way slower than in my bedroom. Also did imu and grav calib so I donno what made the change there, I think brighter surface helped...
Check your 4 motors are able to spin freely and equally. Perhaps one may be harder than the rest, causing the turn?

Reactions: Guorium
Check your 4 motors are able to spin freely and equally. Perhaps one may be harder than the rest, causing the turn?
Port bow motor comes to a stop earlier than all other 3 when landing happens. Not noticeably harder when I flick the prop on that one though. That said, I did IMU calib and grav calib and made sure the surface is bright. It wasn't rotating in my last two tests. So I think it is a none issue now.

Reactions: Ansia
Port bow motor comes to a stop earlier than all other 3 when landing happens. Not noticeably harder when I flick the prop on that one though. That said, I did IMU calib and grav calib and made sure the surface is bright. It wasn't rotating in my last two tests. So I think it is a none issue now.
I'm also suffering from 1 motor stopping before the other 3. Raulvolador suggested I use Lubra Metallic to free that motor up. That is what he did and he says they are spinning great. It arrives on Tuesday. Until then my Tello is grounded, just to make sure I don't cut on the motor's life span.

Last edited:
I'm also suffering from 1 motor stopping before the other 3. Raulvolador suggested I use Lubra Metallic to free that motor up. That is what he did and he says they are spinning great. It arrives on Tuesday. Until then my Tello is grounded, just to make sure I don't cut on the motor's life span.
Not too worried about that motor. It is only a bit harder and I can resolder some new motors on easily

The motor is not the problem. Tello would just yaw back if it senses a rotation. To try: hover in place and then grab tello by the hand and rotate it a bit, it just returns back to its original position when released
So Tello is unable to recognize the movement, or it would counter it.

My guess is: vibrations. Vibrations can confuse the VPS a bit. Can you check your videos for jello, that would also indicated vbrations

The motor is not the problem. Tello would just yaw back if it senses a rotation. To try: hover in place and then grab tello by the hand and rotate it a bit, it just returns back to its original position when released
So Tello is unable to recognize the movement, or it would counter it.

My guess is: vibrations. Vibrations can confuse the VPS a bit. Can you check your videos for jello, that would also indicated vbrations
That is ture I did try to push tello around with prop guards on. It comes back hard. No idea why. I seem to have the issue corrected now.

Can someone please tell me where I can get information on calibration. My Tello is reluctant to rotate to the left and I assume it may be possible to adjust the problem..Any guidance would be appreciated.
Jerome.

Can someone please tell me where I can get information on calibration. My Tello is reluctant to rotate to the left and I assume it may be possible to adjust the problem..Any guidance would be appreciated.
Jerome.
If it is relactant to to left. U turn right and it will take you to the desired angle eventually ?

They say Sopwith Camel (and more planes of that era, but with Camel the effect was most significant) was faster to turn 270˚ right than 90˚ left, due to gyroscopic moment of rotary engine. Althought this article seems to disagree.

I wonder if markedly heavier props of one direction could result in such effect on a drone?

Jerome.
I am pretty sure one motors is very weak. Tello can't produce enough momentum to turn quicker.

I guess it is also relatively slow when ascending in fast mode? When flying forward fast it starts to descend on its own?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv