Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Does TELLO have FCC mode?

Helloworld_Dk

Reaction score
If you have a drone like mavic air,you may know there is different wifi modes.That is because different countries have different rules.The rules in the US allows higher RF power than China,so using a fake location app,change CE to FCC mode by changing the location to the US ,we can boost the control range.
I wonder if tello has different wifi RF mode?Can people in some countries like China change the mode to FCC like the way for mavic air to boost the.control range?

If you have a drone like mavic air,you may know there is different wifi modes.That is because different countries have different rules.The rules in the US allows higher RF power than China,so using a fake location app,change CE to FCC mode by changing the location to the US ,we can boost the control range.
I wonder if tello has different wifi RF mode?Can people in some countries like China change the mode to FCC like the way for mavic air to boost the.control range?
I never considered that with the tello due to its far less limited range. But now I’m interested, and would like to help if I could. I hate to admit this in this forum but I have every tello model there is. And I haven’t even flown the EDU or Tello robomaster, nor have I had time to try any of the stem related coding etc. I had to have them for whenever I did have enough spare time.haha. however, knowing that I have them, if you do not have them, maybe you could suggest to me how I could be of some help????
I like the way you think, let me know if I can help and how things turn out.
Best of luck

There was some experiments about 2 years ago. I supported these by making TelloFpv able to chose different activation regions.

Unscientific results were: No noticeable difference in output power between FCC and CE

Based on my finding in the past.. the only way to boost the distance is using a portable wifi extender (USB Sticks).
Phone connect to Wifi extender
Wifi extender connect to Tello.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wroxel