Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Drinking and droning

Thisbeaux

Reaction score
The Tello is an amazing little piece of flying technology! I love it. 4 (three battery) indoor flights under my belt now. Durable. Steady. Decent camera. All I could’ve asked for. Especially considering price. I preordered TelloMe on IOS. I tried out TelloFPV on my android tablet. Decided getting a used S7 would probably be the way to go. Because my normal phone is iPhone 11pro, stock app is decent but not like TelloFPV. I’ll wait and see on TelloFPV for iOS. Can’t wait to try TelloMe! I’ll definitely buy TelloFPV for IOS if volate!!o ever does it, or is allowed. Been snooping through these threads here and already know I need a WiFi + extender. Tho I think I may just try Xiaomi first to feel like I experienced it. I’ll install that Chinese app on my new S7 that will never connect to actual internet (thanks for heads up volate!!o.). Everyone here seems to be very helpful. Appreciate everyone for posting and asking questions. I forgot to download the videos to my phone before disconnecting the tello tonight, but I promise to post soon. I made it through the upstairs maze of bedrooms. Can’t wait to take it outside. Been raining here lately. Anyhow. Greetings from Texas!!!

Great first post... Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of Tello! I liked my first one so much I bought another from the classifieds here a few months ago. :)

You must have done a lot of reading here already, well informed.

The S7 is a fine phone for flying, I recently bought one of those too - and you already know how fine the TelloFPV app is ;)

I got my first Tello at exactly the right time, less than a month before TelloFPV Beta was first introduced - right here in this forum... and that was just long enough for me to try 'the other three' Android Tello apps and decide I didn't really like any of them!

Re: the Xiaomi Home app on the S7... of course, the phone will have to be on the internet via Wi-Fi and have a valid Play Store account to download apps. My recommendation would be to turn off Sync after you make an account on that phone, and make sure there is no personal information on the phone before you run Mi Home... to set up the extender, the app has to connect to the internet, and any information on or 'connected to' that phone can be uploaded to an 'overseas' server in a New York Minute!

I used an old retired S3 phone to set up my two Mi 2 extenders, and even made up a dummy Gmail account to use during setup... (wanna borrow my tinfoil hat? lol)

BTW, photos and videos don't have to be downloaded to your phone, they're already there... they get recorded directly to the phone.

Good luck, sounds like you're off to a good start (y)

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .(y)

Reactions: Thisbeaux
I am missing the promised drinking part?
If that was only added to make someone read the post: it worked!
Worked on me too! I was half expecting to see video of a Tello running into stuff, doing a flip, and falling down on the floor LOL :ROFLMAO:

Good luck on your Tellome app, maybe the review team will bless you this time, post haste!... hope so.

Reactions: Kyle Knox
The Tello is an amazing little piece of flying technology! ... Because my normal phone is iPhone 11pro, ... Anyhow. Greetings from Texas!!!

May I suggest that you look at purchasing a used Nexus6p? Come to the (Android) Dark Side. Due to worries about Huwawei, it is an excellent value. It does not need to be used as a phone, and for $40 - $60, you have a dedicated device that runs TelloFPV. Connect to home wireless to update, etc.

Thanks to all for welcoming me! Still learning how to use this forum. I posted one crash landing. It looked kinda boring today. But it’s fun!!! It posted on media I guess. Couldn’t figure out how to get a video on this thread. Lol.

May I suggest that you look at purchasing a used Nexus6p? Come to the (Android) Dark Side. Due to worries about Huwawei, it is an excellent value. It does not need to be used as a phone, and for $40 - $60, you have a dedicated device that runs TelloFPV. Connect to home wireless to update, etc.
I’ll check them out! Phone company Definitely sounds a little sketchy!

Worked on me too! I was half expecting to see video of a Tello running into stuff, doing a flip, and falling down on the floor LOL :ROFLMAO:

Good luck on your Tellome app, maybe the review team will bless you this time, post haste!... hope so.
Actually I got approved in just under an hour!? Now I'm waiting for the App store entry to get updated

Reactions: TelloViewSJCampos
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y):D
And now I'm in the market for a cheap iPhone LOL
There is no such thing.. I suggest the 6s as a minimum as its the oldest with the A9 chipset which has way more power than previous chipsets. It's also the oldest phone that can run iOS 13.

I heard it "works" with older phones but tracking ability suffers badly

There is no such thing.. I suggest the 6s as a minimum as its the oldest with the A9 chipset which has way more power than previous chipsets. It's also the oldest phone that can run iOS 13.
Yes, when I re-read my post I realized 'cheap iPhone' is an oxymoron.

Thanks for the recommendation of at least a 6S, that's what I was the leaning toward at first... then I consulted my resident Apple aficionado, my daughter :), and she said get at least an 8.

Yes, when I re-read my post I realized 'cheap iPhone' is an oxymoron.

Thanks for the recommendation of at least a 6S, that's what I was the leaning toward at first... then I consulted my resident Apple aficionado, my daughter :), and she said get at least an 8.
Could it be that she has an 8 by accident? And maybe she could need some financial support to purchase a new 11 ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv