Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Droneblocks

Divebomber

Reaction score
Tello gang, I just stumbled across a new app called DroneBlocks. It is a flight programming app that actually works. Very easy to use. So easy in fact, that a kid could use it. I’ve tried a few simple flights with it, and have detected no anomalies so far. Sadly, right now, it’s only available for Apple products. The commands appear that they may work for MP and other drones too, but I haven’t tried those yet. Give it a try. I think you’ll enjoy it if you’re in to that kind of thing.

Reactions: Kim
Thanks, pity that is only for IOS at the moment.
Considering the huge percentage of Android devices v. Apple devices, I hope they'll come out with an Android version soon. It's a very nice programming app, with a lot of capabilities. I haven't tried to use Scratch, mainly because it doesn't seem to work with Tello, yet, but DroneBlocks is a very nice app.

Hello Divebomber,
Do you know if the DroneBlocks commands allow you to control the camera features of the Tello ?

(BTW Scratch and Python works very well with Android)

Hugh

Hi Hugh,

Yes, there are camera control commands in DroneBlock. They aren't extensive, but they are there. Some gimbal control commands as well as switching from video to photo mode, with commands that let you set how many still shots you want to take, or how long you want the video to run. I didn't dig too deeply, because the Tello itself is somewhat limited, and I'm still trying to program flight paths that work. No fault of DroneBlocks. Since the Tello doesn't have proximity sensors in front, or to the sides, I'm trying to get a course that flies around the house without hitting something. I've run courses out in the yard, and it seems just fine. DroneBlock is free, so if you have an iOS device you can download it and look it over. I looked over the release notes, and the developers seem to be extremely responsive to requests. If there's a command you need, you can log a request and see what they say.

Some gimbal control commands as well as switching from video to photo mode, with commands that let you set how many still shots you want to take, or how long you want the video to run.

I suspect those are only other for drones that DroneBlock supports, but if they do work let us know - Ryze support claims the Tello doesn't expose any functionality other than what is in the SDK docs.

I suspect those are only other for drones that DroneBlock supports, but if they do work let us know - Ryze support claims the Tello doesn't expose any functionality other than what is in the SDK docs.
Well, since the Tello has no gimbal, those gimbal movement commands would be ignored, or in worst case scenario, freeze the code. Since the Tello has limited range, this shouldn't be a huge problem if it does happen. When I work up the courage, I'll try the app on the Mavic Pro. I can't find anywhere on the DroneBlocks description that says it'll work with MP, but we'll see.....

Thank you Divebomber. i do not have any iOS device.I tried the Droneblocks extension for Chrome, but it doesn't seem to work correctly from Windows.

I have downloaded the Android Beta but cannot connect to my Tello because the 'Connect To Tello' button is stuck off screen. I have informed the developer. The app looks like it has great potential though.

A new version of droneblocks for Android has been released and I have been able to connect to my Tello, hover and yaw 360 degrees but the land function has not worked for me. Using Oneplus 5.

This is a great app and worked flawlessly the few flights I’ve had with it ?

I've had a few problems with the ios app, the main one is trying to get it to save my blocks and then after connecting trying to get the blocks I've saved to come back up. Anyone else had this problem?

I did try, but wasn´t able...

Is there any way ?

that I can run together:
Tello Android Ap and Droneblocks ?

If so, it could be possible to manage the camera during Droneblocks program run...

Take care....
I´ve making some tests of DroneBlock outside...

VPS (viseo positioning system) doesen´t work during DroneBlock fly...
So, Tello goes with the wind...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv