Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Droneblocks

Hi Hugh,

Yes, there are camera control commands in DroneBlock. They aren't extensive, but they are there. Some gimbal control commands as well as switching from video to photo mode, with commands that let you set how many still shots you want to take, or how long you want the video to run. I didn't dig too deeply, because the Tello itself is somewhat limited, and I'm still trying to program flight paths that work. No fault of DroneBlocks. Since the Tello doesn't have proximity sensors in front, or to the sides, I'm trying to get a course that flies around the house without hitting something. I've run courses out in the yard, and it seems just fine. DroneBlock is free, so if you have an iOS device you can download it and look it over. I looked over the release notes, and the developers seem to be extremely responsive to requests. If there's a command you need, you can log a request and see what they say.
When I launch DroneBlock on either Android or iOS, the camera commands disappear when I connect to my Tello. Am I missing something?

I prefer Droneblocks to Scratch. In fact, we did some Tello coding at a local high school with the Tello not too long ago. Droneblocks was the way to go.

Reactions: Cyke
Were you using Android or iOS? I've been playing with Droneblocks a bit today, and it's been very inconsistent. Sometimes it skips blocks in my command. According to the Tello SDK, it should be able to accept a max distance of 500cm for each fly command (forward, back, left, right), but I have trouble with anything over say 200-300cm.

I've started using DroneBlocks on Android (a Galaxy A7 Smartphone) together with a Gamesir T1d Controller. Works perfectly except for one problem - the land command is not executed, and the Tello remains hovering in the air. So far I've brought it down by throwing a kitchen towel over it. As a "hardware enhancement", I caught it from underneath by using a thick dressing-gown. has anyone successfully executed the land command?

Reactions: Yo-dude
I've started using DroneBlocks on Android (a Galaxy A7 Smartphone) together with a Gamesir T1d Controller. Works perfectly except for one problem - the land command is not executed, and the Tello remains hovering in the air. So far I've brought it down by throwing a kitchen towel over it. As a "hardware enhancement", I caught it from underneath by using a thick dressing-gown. has anyone successfully executed the land command?
poster above said a 5 sec pause before the land command fixed his.

I have also had a problem with "Land" in some of my DroneBlocks Programs/missions. The "Abort" command did not work either. I was able to maneuver the drone (up, down, left, right) but could not land while using the Tello app. I had to wait until the battery was drained and then the Tello landed by itself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv