Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Entering Sport Mode on API

Droner

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to increase the speed of the Tello to more than 1m/s the usual API gives?

(I'm using TelloPy, but anything else that would help in this problem is welcomed)

Thanks!
Avichay

Thanks a lot!

Would you please let me know what's the max speed you have reached, and if it can be controlled?

Thanks again!
actually I only need a max speed about 3m/s, in theory, tello can fly to a max of 10m/s.
We can control it, just by adjust the input from 0-100

actually I only need a max speed about 3m/s, in theory, tello can fly to a max of 10m/s.
We can control it, just by adjust the input from 0-100

Hi, from what I know, the zero to 100 range is cm\s, thus it can only reach 1m/s that way, am I right?
[That's the way it is in RYZE's own sdk manual: https://dl-cdn.ryzerobotics.com/downloads/tello/20180910/Tello SDK Documentation EN_1.3.pdf, And I guess it's the same scale TelloPy uses:unsure:]

If so, what do I need to do in order to really reach 10m\s (or at least more than the unhelpful 1m\s)?

I really appreciate your help!
Thanks

In my code, 0-100 in high speed mode means 0-10m/s.
I think you will understand if you actually try it in your code.

I'm coding a Java SE version and after about 5 seconds of flight (with speed 100 command) the Tello switch on low speed. I don't know why as that problem does not occur with the app but only using the API.
I'm using rc command with parameter set to 100 and speed set to 100. Actually as the tello start it is in fast mode but only for about five seconds, after that time it turns on low mode. I checked that it is not related to height from the ground as I tested it at 5 meters.
Any suggestions please?

I just received a feedback from the ryze customer support:

"Thanks for reaching Ryze!
Sorry that it's not a problem that we have limited the max speed in SDK mode for the safe.
So it will have a low speed than the APP control although in a speed 100.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Regards,

Luce Luo

RYZE TECHNICAL SUPPORT"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv