Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Error Code 203

Laughlinpro

Reaction score
A recent Error Code 203 has shut my Tello down, much to my dismay. Soon after downloading the most recent UPDATE from Ryze is when my drone was stopped stone cold. After an hour with Ryze Help I was still unable to get the Tello to fly. It has been returned to Walmart where I bought it a month ago. I had very little use out of the quad copter before it was stricken. Dissappointed in this dji product.

Error code 203 says you have used a lipo what is not a originally Tello lipo (battery).
Where did you get your lipo? Was it on the package with the Tello or did you buy it seperately?
On my Tello I'd never seen such an error.

Error code 203 says you have used a lipo what is not a originally Tello lipo (battery).
Where did you get your lipo? Was it on the package with the Tello or did you buy it seperately?
On my Tello I'd never seen such an error.
I have two batteries, one came with the Drone and the other came from Best Buy Las Vegas. Neither one works.

Either both battrias are defective or the copter.
Can you change them? Do you still have warranty?
At the backside of the batterias is an etikett with the brand name. Is it "fullymax" or "SEFU"?

Either both battrias are defective or the copter.
Can you change them? Do you still have warranty?
At the backside of the batterias is an etikett with the brand name. Is it "fullymax" or "SEFU"?
They are both Fullymax which is what the one included with the purchase was. Best Buy is also an agent for dji products which is the reason why I purchased the second battery from them. My drone is going back to Walmart today. There are numerous other posts which have expressed the same problem that I experienced. dji can figure it out when they get the returned products to deal with.

A lot of people are having error code 203 problems. It's not a battery problem, its a drone problem and there is no easy fix. Must be returned and hope for the best.

A lot of people are having error code 203 problems. It's not a battery problem, its a drone problem and there is no easy fix. Must be returned and hope for the best.
Yes. The drone detects a problem with the LiPo. Could be its really a wrong LiPo or could be the Tello does not know wich problem really occurs. Maybe your problem haves the same symptoms like a wrong LiPo and the Tello can't difference.

Yes. The drone detects a problem with the LiPo. Could be its really a wrong LiPo or could be the Tello does not know wich problem really occurs. Maybe your problem haves the same symptoms like a wrong LiPo and the Tello can't difference.
Mine is not a battery problem. I bought a new Tello battery and got the same error code. I now have 3 Tello batteries and all give error code 203

This also happened to me after a software update. I was able to get the drone repaired at no cost but took a month of back and forth emails and one phone call.

This also happened to me after a software update. I was able to get the drone repaired at no cost but took a month of back and forth emails and one phone call.
Of course it could be a problem of the firmware. I don't think it's a hardware problem. So you have two options. Wait for the new update and hope that the problem is fixed or contact Ryze with a description of the problem.
You also can contact the distributor and change the Tello. But if the firmware is buggy you'll keep your problem.

Of course it could be a problem of the firmware. I don't think it's a hardware problem. So you have two options. Wait for the new update and hope that the problem is fixed or contact Ryze with a description of the problem.
You also can contact the distributor and change the Tello. But if the firmware is buggy you'll keep your problem.

I agree! But we need to inform Ryze one way or another so there are aware of the problem. Best to exchange the drone with distributor if possible as it will still make its way back to Ryze and the more they actually feel the pain the sooner they will correct the issue.

What was strange in my case after I got the 203 error I was able to get the drone to boot up and fly but only one time. I did for a second think it was my battery. After the 2nd error it was bricked. All my batteries were Ryze OEM.

Reactions: MrSpok
Error code 203 is intended to indicate that a non Tello battery has been detected and will not allow the motors to start.
I'm sure Ryze coded their firmware to prevent use of after market batteries. This introduced a bug that has caused many drones using Tello batteries to quite working. This has to be costing them much more than the lost revenue of after market batteries.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv