Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Firmware

Which firmware do you currently have installed?

I don’t understand if the update was successful..
My Drive updated as soon as I connected to the App so I have no idea what the difference might be on version latest. However it is faultless except for some occasional video freeze/jumps.

A recent purchase Tello. The app prompted for downloading the latest firmware to iphone, but when it went to download to the Tello it appeared that it didn't happen because firmware was already up to date. According to the app what is on the Tello is 01.03.33.01, which seems to be the latest from a net search.

A recent purchase Tello. The app prompted for downloading the latest firmware to iphone, but when it went to download to the Tello it appeared that it didn't happen because firmware was already up to date. According to the app what is on the Tello is 01.03.33.01, which seems to be the latest from a net search.
Just got my Tello two days ago and I had the same experience. Downloaded new firmware for the app but the Tello unit said it was already using the latest software.

Same here, received version 01.04.35.01. Tried the 360 record mode and it now spins in a weird pattern... Anyone has the same issues?

Reactions: hackgeo
I plan to try it more this evening. I noticed the video screen size was smaller. The width was reduced with black on both sides. The black boxes came to the middle of the onscreen joysticks. I didn't get a chance to see if there was a parameter to get it back.

Mine now slowly returns to slow mode after about a minute of flying (still says it's in fast mode but the movement is same as slow)

hope they fix this fast.

(android version)

Mine now slowly returns to slow mode after about a minute of flying (still says it's in fast mode but the movement is same as slow)

hope they fix this fast.

(android version)
Yup, same here.
Properly tried the fast mode yesterday for the first time (got the tello a few days ago)
And today after a firmware update it just slows down after a minute of flying.
Is there a way to downgrade the firmware?

The screen cut-off I mentioned above is only when in camera mode. Switch to video and it is full screen.

I see an Attitude Angle slide bar, if you are in "fast" mode. It is defaulted to the max of 25. Think this is new or I never looked after setting to fast.

I tried 360 mode. 1st time it was flawless. Next two times stopped after a system error. Forth time worked. It will kick you back into slow mode, but able to switch back to fast.

I ran two batteries, but didn't see the issue mentioned in above posts of being forced into slow mode, and then can't get out.

The height setting seems to work. Mine was set to 15 meters via the AltLimit app. The new firmware kicked it back to the default 10m. I set it to 10ft, and back to 49ft.

The new firmware also defaulted wifi name and password, so had to change that back for the wifi extender.

FWIW: I am running on iPhone 7.

Last edited:
Reactions: zaphod
I see an Attitude Angle slide bar, if you are in "fast" mode. It is defaulted to the max of 25. Think this is new or I never looked after setting to fast.

Thanks, this seemed to be the issue for me, the angle seems to default to 15 (for me), and that is almost exactly the same angle as in slow mode, it takes a while for this to kick in, why i thought it was a bug.

Never in a million years would i have noticed that there is a setting that only apears in fast mode.

Also, they seem to have added some sort of limit to the angle when its close to the ground.

01.04.35.01 Release Notes:

- Support new device communication: probably another controller besides T1D?
- Optimize the battery upgrade process: ???
- Optimize flying performance for propeller guards: Maybe this alt angle adjustment?

The above is what is listed in the app. Below is what is on the Ryze site:

Tello Release Notes
Ryze Tech
Copyright © 2018 Ryze Tech All Rights Reserved. 1

Date : 2018.08.16 Aircraft Firmware : v01.04.35.01

What’s New?
 Increased maximum flight altitude to 30 m.

Last edited:
Same here, received version 01.04.35.01. Tried the 360 record mode and it now spins in a weird pattern... Anyone has the same issues?
I tried 360 after reading your comment.sofar so good...maybe you need to run gravity stabilization

Reactions: Sunkamsui
any one update tello to latest. firmware that came out!? you see any bad effect?
Lazy Ryze or Dji nothing much changes.. simple request from users to return battery% they didn't make.
People's working unofficially are doing much better than the official developers of Tello.
Like Atello or Atello pilot...

The screen cut-off I mentioned above is only when in camera mode. Switch to video and it is full screen.

I tried 360 mode. 1st time it was flawless. Next two times stopped after a system error. Forth time worked. It will kick you back into slow mode, but able to switch back to fast.

I ran two batteries, but didn't see the issue mentioned in above posts of being forced into slow mode, and then can't get out.

The height setting seems to work. Mine was set to 15 meters via the AltLimit app. The new firmware kicked it back to the default 10m. I set it to 10ft, and back to 49ft.

The new firmware also defaulted wifi name and password, so had to change that back for the wifi extender.

FWIW: I am running on iPhone 7.
When on picture mode full screen?
I think mind is always half screen when on picture mode...
I wish its full screen all the time.picture or video mode...
Getting mad now from tello developers ????

Thanks, this seemed to be the issue for me, the angle seems to default to 15 (for me), and that is almost exactly the same angle as in slow mode, it takes a while for this to kick in, why i thought it was a bug.

Never in a million years would i have noticed that there is a setting that only apears in fast mode.

Also, they seem to have added some sort of limit to the angle when its close to the ground.
I never seen that setting when fast mode.weird

Reactions: Bluetuga
When on picture mode full screen?
I think mind is always half screen when on picture mode...

It could very well been the same in the prior version. I may have had mine always on video, and the firmware load set it back to the default.

I would prefer full screen and when in picture mode, just show the crop lines.

Reactions: Zeno
It could very well been the same in the prior version. I may have had mine always on video, and the firmware load set it back to the default.

I would prefer full screen and when in picture mode, just show the crop lines.
The problem is Ryze,Dji doesn't listen to their customers feedback... so annoying

Reactions: Bluetuga

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv