Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Firmware

Same thing for me when i run fast mode. Suddenly it goes in normal speed again, but it still shows fast mode on the screen....
Did you check the setting? there's new setting only showing during fast mode.
Put it on max and it will stay there.problem solve

note the new firmwares gift to the world is that it adjusts your max angle of atttack also depending on how low you are.

flying inside just got way slower.
Is it slower all the time ?

I would like to see a new Slow Speed option so that it would be easier to get smooth pans (yaw). One of the reasons I really like the Tello is that I can practice my flying skills inside so easily. At the moment I am doing circles in the living room with a bit of elevator and yaw simultaneously. If I get the sweet spot I can fly quite small diameters. At the moment it is with the camera pointing forward but when I have got really good at that I will try to keep the camera facing into the circle. This will need a bit of aileron too which is 3 inputs at the same time. The holy grail will be to finally add in altitude changes :). All of this would be a lot easier in a slow mode I reckon.

While I didn't see the forced slow issue, the vision system seemed to be a little more erratic. I did the IMU calibration and that seemed to make an improvement. When I ran the indoor battery test (other thread) the AC stayed very stable.

Regardless, it is easy to do, and can eliminate as a possible cause. There are a number of videos on how to do it.

While I didn't see the forced slow issue, the vision system seemed to be a little more erratic. I did the IMU calibration and that seemed to make an improvement. When I ran the indoor battery test (other thread) the AC stayed very stable.

Regardless, it is easy to do, and can eliminate as a possible cause. There are a number of videos on how to do it.
Weird i got the issues now geez I'm now bellong to getting weird slow then fast flight of tello tsk.tsk..
When i update i didn't touch the setting on fast mode... everything alright.... just now i tried to lower the speed to 20 then continue flying.. lord behold my control suddenly like posses by spirit...my forward got slow going backward fast,left, right fast also...
Continue flying speed getting unreliable.
WTF happening to this update...did they do this to crash and damaged our Tello during flight??????

I have had issues where it no longer tracks one place seems erractic
Welcome to the club...huhuhu????

Weird ?i got the problem now also like the other.. peoples having trouble on this update.
When flying it goes slow then fast control jerking.done all calibrations.still not stable like before... happened to Ryze,Dji? aren't they testing before releasing this update? anyway it happened like this....
When i update i didn't touch the setting on fast mode... everything alright no problem...just now i tried to lower the speed to 20 then continue flying.. lord behold my control suddenly like posses by spirit...my forward got slow going backward fast,left, right fast...
Continue flying speed getting unreliable.
WTF happening to this update...did they do this to crash and damaged our Tello during flight??????

Reactions: Pollax
Yup, same here.
Properly tried the fast mode yesterday for the first time (got the tello a few days ago)
And today after a firmware update it just slows down after a minute of flying.
Is there a way to downgrade the firmware?

Contacted Ryze, got the feeling they had no clue about this! Well let's see, suppose to get a e-mail with something for them to look into...

Contacted Ryze, got the feeling they had no clue about this! Well let's see, suppose to get a e-mail with something for them to look into...
My problem solved Ryze support service are very helpful....do all calibration boom my tello fly stable again.. like before...Screenshot_2018-08-20-22-41-05-1703441860.png

They need a video of the flight proving the error. Just need to get someone filming my flight. They have a hard time understanding that it works totally fine, hoover like a champ, flying like a champ! And that only problem is fast mode.

Anyone else that have sent them video of this problem?

If you do the video, also get the flight log. After providing a video, they came back and asked for the flight log, so had to do it again.

Ryze:
You can export data in the following paths:
Android: File Management/Local/SD Card/Android/data/com.ryzerobotics.tello/files/droneLog/
iOS: File Sharing/Tello/log

It took me a bit to find it in iOS, but provided. Still waiting on response from engineers, on a different issue.

Ok then it will be a support walk around...
I have sent them video, now they want me to test another phone.....

Simple answer from them would be, we know that some have problems we are looking into this and are working on a update...

I got in fadt mode
2 controlls working Fast
right left..slow.
really!!
I hope they will fix these bugs
Guy

In fact it's not really a bug, but a new function that has been added and that can embarrass + than anything else in certain situations. In the last firmware they have added a function that limits the inclination that can take the drone according to its altitude. So if you fly in a corner where you stay at low altitude, your drone can not take its maximum inclination, so if there's a little gust of wind, as the tello is not going to bow to the max, it will not will not have enough "power" to fight the wind and you will have the impression that it does not answer any more and even that it is locked in the wind without reacting. It is enough to go up to more than 2 meters I feel when it happens to unlock the max inclination and fight the wind, I just test and it works effectively. But for that it must have room, if you are in town in your garden with not much room, this new function makes your tello unusable at home as soon as you have a wind chouille since you can not reach a strong inclination at low altitude. That's the explanation I found, and it looks like that. I hope it will improve the thing because whoever just wants to fly in his little garden can not really...

I spent my first battery at low altitude and I did not stop finding myself with the "pbm", then I spent my second battery between 3 and 20 meters without ever having the pbm. At one point I intentionally hovered 50 cm above the ground and the impossible to get a maximum inclination with my drone drifting, I put a gas to go up to 2 meters and max inclination available.

Too bad this kind of function on a small drone sensé stolen rather ds small places, it should be deactivated. I just dumped two batteries still there and just to land where you want when there's wind is more possible, more boring than anything else ? by the altitude modification super convenient, and super stable at 30 meters even with wind, awesome.

There is two things going on here, they added something that puts your drone in slow mode when its below some altitude AND there is a new setting in new firmware, with maximum angle for fast mode.

these are two different things.

i had the issue where it was defaulting to 10 degrees at fast mode, and can be fixed by just going to settings when you have fast mode enabled and maxing the angle (drone does not have to be in the air) it does remember this, only need to do it once.

There is two things going on here, they added something that puts your drone in slow mode when its below some altitude AND there is a new setting in new firmware, with maximum angle for fast mode.

these are two different things.

i had the issue where it was defaulting to 10 degrees at fast mode, and can be fixed by just going to settings when you have fast mode enabled and maxing the angle (drone does not have to be in the air) it does remember this, only need to do it once.
I updated the firmware as soon as I got my drone a week ago and never touched the angle, it is at max angle of 25 as default.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv