Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

First Drone From Chicago

EETWiz

Reaction score
You know, you can always count on a forum to connect you with others who share similar interests. Bravo bravo!

This is my first drone. Just got it in the mail today. Included extra batteries and a charging “dock”. Picked up a case so as to keep it safe. My iPad mini works great for flying. I’m going to try to take it out back tomorrow and learn to do some navigation. Gotta get my hours in.

I saw some posts about the default Tello app in the App Store (iPhone) lacks plenty of features. Looks like TelloFPV is in the App Store now (‎TelloFpv) so I picked it up.

I’m all in and ready to fly!

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .(y)

Reactions: EETWiz
Interesting first day. I was able to get the TelloFPV app and fly with my iPad mini. I attempted to use an Xbox One controller but not happy with the layout. My GameSir T1d should be here tomorrow.

I managed to scare my dog and get it stuck up in a tree. Note: when flying outside, remove the prop guards. Luckily I was able to climb the 30 ft to free it.

Here in Chicago, snow is everywhere so the drone doesn't handle to terrain all that well. I have a few spare wifi extenders I can try. Totally geeking out!

Works great with the Netgear N300 wifi extender. It's not USB so I'm tethered to the house for now. What is the best USB wifi extender? I'll scrape the forum for details as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccer843