Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Flight Time

FatherXmas

Reaction score
I've flown it four times now, still trying to get used to flying with the on screen joy sticks - I'll be glad when I can get a controller that works.
Two of the flights I timed to get an idea about how much flight time I'm getting. I got the battery low, land immediately warning at 11 minutes 30 seconds & 11 minutes 22 seconds - 3% battery left both times. All of my flights so far have been indoors, too cold (for me) and windy (for the Tello) to try it outside.

what do you think about the recorded video and stills?
I haven't tried anything with the camera yet. I've only flown inside due to the weather. There's nothing interesting in my house to merit photographing it plus the light isn't that great, low wattage florescent bulbs pretty much suck.

I'll see if I can upload some images and videos. Pictures are decent, recorded video can be a little bit choppy even at close range. Not sure if that's an issue with my phone or interference.

Two of the flights I timed to get an idea about how much flight time I'm getting.

I've timed all my launches with the stopwatch on the same LG V10 that I am using to fly the Tello.

I start the stopwatch as soon as I turn on the aircraft, but I do not fly it until after a) I've selected Tello as my WiFi channel b) opened the Tello software c) verified that the green light is blinking on the aircraft d) clicked More to select the settings with the highest resolution.

After launching, I let it fly until it wants to land itself on an indoor carpet (at about 9% battery remaining).

When I turn the aircraft off, the battery is down to about 2%.

From start to finish I'm consistently getting 16 minutes with the Fullymax battery.

I've now got a new battery that I will test tomorrow.

Reactions: Yo-dude
I've timed all my launches with the stopwatch on the same LG V10 that I am using to fly the Tello.

I start the stopwatch as soon as I turn on the aircraft, but I do not fly it until after a) I've selected Tello as my WiFi channel b) opened the Tello software c) verified that the green light is blinking on the aircraft d) clicked More to select the settings with the highest resolution.

After launching, I let it fly until it wants to land itself on an indoor carpet (at about 9% battery remaining).

When I turn the aircraft off, the battery is down to about 2%.

From start to finish I'm consistently getting 16 minutes with the Fullymax battery.

I've now got a new battery that I will test tomorrow.

Wow! 16 minutes of flight time, that is great. Were the prop guards on? I wonder how much they affect battery life.

Wow! 16 minutes of flight time, that is great. Were the prop guards on? I wonder how much they affect battery life.

"I start the stopwatch as soon as I turn on the aircraft, but I do not fly it until after a) I've selected Tello as my WiFi channel b) opened the Tello software c) verified that the green light is blinking on the aircraft d) clicked More to select the settings with the highest resolution."

It may take 2 minutes of the 16 to accomplish those.

Also, I let the stopwatch run until the aircraft lands itself due to low batt and shuts itself off, leaving as little as 2% of the battery remaining.

Yes the prop guards are on.

Last but not least this is indoors = 0 wind.

Reactions: Yo-dude
what do you think about the recorded video and stills?
All of my photos are just amazing, nice. The video suffers at times, especially at dusk but what do you expect for $99. I think it is a fine little machine, a cutie. It does what it can. It tries, in the wind or going high. it does the best it can. I enjoy it.

Done some tests on my battery and I’m getting about 11min 30seconds with prop guards on without them I get almost 13 mins, And that’s in a controlled flighted condition with no recording or messing with anything else.

I haven’t timed mine but I almost always record video during each flight and the resulting videos are often 11+ minutes long. This is indoors or outdoors with nearly no wind— prop guards always on.

Mainly bought the Tello to keep me from trying to fly my Mavic pro indoors on windy days. The little thing did exactly that. ?

Mike

Hmm. I'm only getting about 6 or 7 minutes. This morning I was recording outdoors, no wind, Tello just hovering at about 3m (not flying around). Prop guards on. Does recording make such a big difference? New batteries are on the way!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv