Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Alert: System is overheated

bep_707

Reaction score
Hi all,
I just received my brand new Tello, on first flight I noticed it drifts to the right after take-off.
Then I dig into the official Tello app, found the gravity calibration option that I think it can resolve this issue, and I kept exploring the various app options for some minutes.
Then after few minutes the app showed an alert in red "System is overheated". Tello was actually hot and I immediately detached the battery.
Is it normal for Tello to get so hot that alert is shown ? Or is my Tello defective ?
Please note that motors were not consuming power becasue they were not spinning for all those minutes.

Thanks in advance,

Beppe

Last edited:
It is normal, that Tello issues overheating alerts and shuts down after some time sitting on the ground. It needs ventilation either by its own props or by an external ventilator.

When it sits on the ground, you can active the propellers to spin slowly either by SDK commands or by giving the arming command (left stick downward + right, right stick downward + left) on your remote controller (or with the virtual sticks on the app).

Reactions: jeffjeff
Hi all,
I just received my brand new Tello, on first flight I noticed it drifts to the right after take-off.
Then I dig into the official Tello app, found the gravity calibration option that I think it can resolve this issue, and I kept exploring the various app options for some minutes.
Then after few minutes the app showed an alert in red "System is overheated". Tello was actually hot and I immediately detached the battery.
Is it normal for Tello to get so hot that alert is shown ? Or is my Tello defective ?
Please note that motors were not consuming power becasue they were not spinning for all those minutes.

Thanks in advance,

Beppe
I got a computer cooling fan from Amazon and set the Tello on it while I work on it. It plugs into a iPhone charge. Works great at keeping Tello cool while you work on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv