Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Fpv app for iPhone ???

I understand your aspect.

The AW app would be kind of relevant only with a follow me feature.

See the original Skydio 1 AW app for example.

No one sane would ever want to actually pilot a drone (no matter how small) through his watch.

My two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I think its cool, and it's certainly something that Ryze could have done.
But as said, commercial success of such an app is not even a remote possibility.

Reactions: TelloCarl
Hi.
I have observed some strange video artifacts with your app. This happened when trying it outside. In two cases where interference was low to non existent I saw that the recorded video had some compression artifacts. What is the mechanism you are using to get the video? Is it through the sdk? What is the compression algorithm?

are you talking about the IOS app?
Are these artifacts present if you play the video from the beginning or only when fast forward was used?

My apps use the same native streaming protocol as the stock app, a modified H264 element stream.

Hi. The artifacts are present when playing the video. It looks like an encoding problem to me. It doesn’t look like the normal Tello bad signal/too much interference artifacts. The moving objects are highly pixelated sometimes. I will send you a sample via pm later.

Are they present if you watch the video full from the beginning to the end? Or only if you scrolled back or forward?

Are they present if you watch the video full from the beginning to the end? Or only if you scrolled back or forward?

They are present if you watch the video full from the beginning to the end.

OK, then its not what I suspected (too few IFrames). If you can just send it to me, or share it somewhere

OK, then its not what I suspected (too few IFrames). If you can just send it to me, or share it somewhere

I think i may have accidentally deleted the video. I will get back if i find this bug again in the future.
Sorry about this. :)

Reactions: volate!lo
OK, looks like I got a badge to enter the walled garden of eternal happiness and boredom. Not 100% sure but at least they decided to let me test now.

So its time to install testflight and send me your apple email :)

I am pleased with this news. And I hope the app will be for iOS.

Just installed 1.0.4 beta. What do you mean by "Better PID tuning"?

Thanks

PID is a term used for control loops, and means a control loop that has 3 portions, a proportional, an integral, and a derivative. Some folks deeper into RC and drones know what that is, and some may even want to play with it.

If you don't know what it means just ignore it :)

Please let me know what phone model you use, and the FPS when a follow autopilot is active (activate setting "show debug", then it's the FPS in line #4)

iPhone XS. Will test and let you know about FPS first chance I get.

Do you ever think you’ll have a app like your fpv app for iOS ? What you have been discussing is nice , but I’d like to see all the feature you have in your android fpv app.

Reactions: BillR
Honestly I don't know if there will be a TelloFpv for IOS.
Developing such an app for IOS is a gamble: Will Apple let me in or not?? We are talking about several months fulltime work wasted by not being allowed into the store.

Currently I am not working on a TelloFpv for IOS. I am finishing the TelloMe IOS, and I am working on TelloMe Android.

Hi!

I tried the new version indoors. FPS range is between 15 and 22, mostly sits at 19. My phone is iPhone XS.

Had some weird "flyaway" attempts when the tracking lost me with this version. I think the previous was more stable. Hit the wall sometimes today.

I may test outdoors later on today.

Hi!

I tried the new version indoors. FPS range is between 15 and 22, mostly sits at 19. My phone is iPhone XS.

Had some weird "flyaway" attempts when the tracking lost me with this version. I think the previous was more stable. Hit the wall sometimes today.

I may test outdoors later on today.

In case the tracking is lost the app keeps going into the same direction for some time (well, typically the tracked object just isn't recognized for a few frames).
I changed the time from 400ms to 800ms with the last release. I will make this adjustable.

What was the distance between tello & yourself when you crashed into the wall? Track face or track person? Profile mode or follow mode? Has Tello started to swing left/right?

Distance about 1,5 meters. Follow mode.

Person tracking. Please make the time adjustable.

To track a person Tello needs to see the person in full (not just some parts ). Otherwise it simply can't work.
1.5m is too close for person tracking, minimum distance for person tracking is around 3-4m.

You can use face tracking at 1.5m

Reactions: Flydrone and trelo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv