Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Fpv app for iPhone ???

Yep, thats what I think, too. I just hope they make a Tello 2 in the near future.

My Mini is a dust collector, and my larger drones have been sold for lack of use. Just too much hassle.

Also had a parrot, a Mavic pro and a mavic mini in the past .Thing is, these serious drones require a level of commitment that I simply could not provide. So they were as well gathering dust. A tello 2 with a wide angle cam and electronic stabilization (ala parrot) and a GPS would be ideal. GPS would be more useful for flight stabilization than RTH and smart stuff in such a mini drone. I mean even if the Tello had GPS would you fly it more than 300 meters away?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I currently have the TD1 and am going to take your advice and get a flypad.

Totally recommend. Flies like a proper drone controller. Of course it is Bluetooth and Tello suffers from interference from BT controllers. This you cannot solve.

Still, i think it is by far the best BT controller you could use.

Last edited:
For BT it's the best controller I am aware of.

For Androids with OTG I'd check out "real" radios. Some have USB connectors for working with simulators. I heard BetaFpv literadio 2 works no problem
Only thing is the throttle stick doesn't center itself

Flypad anytime.

The sticks are like those on "real" RC radios. Much longer, so more thumbs travel more distance between -100 and +100.
Flypad fits adult hands better, and is a massive piece of kit.

Also the stick linearity is much better. When you place the stick physically at 70% you actually get 70% stick output.
The gamesir already reports 100% when at the 70% position, which further reduces the amount of thumb travel.

Overall the Flypad was made to fly. the gamesir is just a simple gamepad that they locked down so they could exclusively sell it with Tello. Just Ryze' way to earn more money.

People looking for a flypad should check if they can find a cheap (2nd) hand Parrot drone. I paid 25 Euro for this X-Wing drone (forgot the name) that came with Flypad.

Flypad anytime.

The sticks are like those on "real" RC radios. Much longer, so more thumbs travel more distance between -100 and +100.
Flypad fits adult hands better, and is a massive piece of kit.

Also the stick linearity is much better. When you place the stick physically at 70% you actually get 70% stick output.
The gamesir already reports 100% when at the 70% position, which further reduces the amount of thumb travel.

Overall the Flypad was made to fly. the gamesir is just a simple gamepad that they locked down so they could exclusively sell it with Tello. Just Ryze' way to earn more money.

People looking for a flypad should check if they can find a cheap (2nd) hand Parrot drone. I paid 25 Euro for this X-Wing drone (forgot the name) that came with Flypad.
Yes, new Flypads are not inexpensive. Thanks for the advice.

The parrot drone was called "swing". Purchased new when discontinued for 25 €.

Or check the parrot mambo. Sad to see Parrot leave the amateur & toy drone market. They had amazing technology packed into the Bebop back then.

The parrot drone was called "swing". Purchased new when discontinued for 25 €.

Or check the parrot mambo. Sad to see Parrot leave the amateur & toy drone market. They had amazing technology packed into the Bebop back then.

I had the ar drone 2 back in 2012 or 2013. It was essentially a HUGE tello with brushless motors.

The bebop 2 was an amazing drone. Extremely fast and durable. I really wonder why the digital gimbal idea did not take off, btw.

As a flying machine the Bebop 2 was really great. For video / photos not so much. But I just fly for fun, I rarely need any footage.

For high quality you need better optics than the 180 fisheye had, especially with their plastic lense.
The digital gimbal also had some problems with resolution and artifacts - but that was 6 years ago.

For a drone the size of Tello a digital gimbal would be amazing. I'd pay 200+ for Tello 2 if they added a tiny GPS and fisheye gimbal with 1080p net resolution - even if it came without occusync, controller, brushless,...
That would be a true game changer for me personally.

Reactions: EETWiz

volate!lo​

Well I am so happy that you got a chance to launch an iOS version of this! As soon as I saw it, I purchased it. It is so great - thanks for taking the time to make the Tellos even more fun to fly!

My question, I had successfully connected my late model XBoxONE BT controller to the Tello app, but I cannot connect to Tello FPV. Is this correct? I really enjoyed using the controller for even smoother movements. If it is possible, could you please help me with a quick guide? I have tried Google, but have found nothing specific for your app.

I have tested the controller on my iPhone XR with a controller tester app and it works fine - TelloFPV simply does not find it when scanned.

Other than that, I so far love every part of how your app works - ich danke Ihnen sehr!

Last edited:
Reactions: volate!lo
If the controller is recognized by the Iphone all you have to do is open the settings and toggle "enable external controllers"

If the controller is recognized by the Iphone all you have to do is open the settings and toggle "enable external controllers"
That's what I thought, but it doesn't find it. I'll try rebooting the phone as well when I get home from work.

I wonder if any other users have experienced something like this too? Now that I have your app on iOS I am so close to having the ultimate setup for the Tello!

Also, is it possible to use the OGI cable for this too?

I don't think that iOS supports USB OTG for controllers. AFAIK it only supports storage and camera

I don't think that iOS supports USB OTG for controllers. AFAIK it only supports storage and camera
Well at least I have your app now. I think the next thing to buy is a WiFi extender so I can get a little more range than the standard phone can provide.

do you have a favourite extender that could plug in to a usb battery? I see the Xioami Mi unit mentioned a lot, but are there others that are working well in your experience?

I used the cine function yesterday to do a slow panning shot of our warehouse that is being disassembled. It works so well! So smooth that apart from the telco camera quality, it looks like a Mavic shot! I really like the simple controls and feature you have added to this app.
next perhaps is the Tello Me ? Does that work just as well with iOS too?

Well at least I have your app now. I think the next thing to buy is a WiFi extender so I can get a little more range than the standard phone can provide.

do you have a favourite extender that could plug in to a usb battery? I see the Xioami Mi unit mentioned a lot, but are there others that are working well in your experience?

I used the cine function yesterday to do a slow panning shot of our warehouse that is being disassembled. It works so well! So smooth that apart from the telco camera quality, it looks like a Mavic shot! I really like the simple controls and feature you have added to this app.
next perhaps is the Tello Me ? Does that work just as well with iOS too?
It feels like the market for extenders changes on a weekly basis. What was available not long ago is no out of stock globally. Sorry but I have no clue. Most extenders should work but it may be hard to configure them correctly.

TelloMe iOS works for me :) and many others as well.

It feels like the market for extenders changes on a weekly basis. What was available not long ago is no out of stock globally. Sorry but I have no clue. Most extenders should work but it may be hard to configure them correctly.

TelloMe iOS works for me :) and many others as well.
Well, I trust your skills so I bought the TelloMe app as well. I take it as a good investment to help you finance more advancements! ?

thank you for your great work

Reactions: volate!lo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv