Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Front/back of Tello more visible at distance

campert

Reaction score
is there a suggestion how to better visually determine front/back of Tello when within reasonable say 50 m distance?
Because Tello has no board lights would reflecting strips dothe job?
Maurits

What I do is use the onboard blinking light. Also the curves of the Tello give it away, if you know what you are looking for. You can add a simple light or strip of tape to determine which way it's looking.

Reactions: campert
Finger LEDs from ebay can provide small lightweight & bright lights with their own batteries. Easy to fit & very cheap - try them !

Bookworm
You can consider getting a cree led. It is used by professionals on professional drones and they hardly weight anything.

Reactions: campert
I too have trouble seeing the Tello, being 70+ years old.

I mounted 2 led strobe lights vertically on the top of my Tello with Velcro, adding only 7 grams of weight.
Facing to the rear I have one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073Q4QYSN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Facing forward I have one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074JZX57M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They work well for me and help me see the Tello and to keep the front/back orientation straight.

Links are to Amazon (US) so you could probably find them cheaper.

My Tello doesn’t seem to drastically reduced flight times with the whole rig adding only 7 grams of weight.

Tubaman

Super solution! One problem though:

White Flytron Strobon Cree by Strobe Light for Drones DJI Mavic Phantom Inspire 1 2 Matrice Spark Drones FAA 107 …
by Strobon

Currently, there are no sellers that can deliver this item to your location.

But I will search for it in Europe.
Maurits

If you are looking for these in Europe, you can order them directly from the producer (Flytron) in the UK: STROBON Cree® Standalone - Flytron

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv