Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

GameSir T1d and android

campert

Reaction score
Hello,

If GameSir and android are interconnected with Tello what functions are available on GameSir and what on android?

Start and landing, photo and video are still available on both.

Flight modes on android only and joysticks on GameSir only?

Thanks.

Maurits
Holland

That depends on the app you use.
On the native Tello app you can get an overview at options/bluetooth-joystick/game controller diagramm (*).
On the TelloFPV app you can map almost all functions to almost all buttons at your controller. Look at the menu/controller/mapping (*).

(*) The menu topics can be a bit different, because I only have the german titles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duncan
Hallo, Vielen Dank.

Aber wie und wo finde ich Ihre zwei (*) ? Ich bin 70-plus edp no-know...Aufs Deutsch ist OK für mich.

Maurits
Kortgene

I don't use the Ryze app anymore for obvious reasons so no clue about that. All I know is it has a fixed mapping.

With TelloFpv you can (and have to!) map the buttons and sticks as you please:
controller mapping.png

And then tune the sensitivity using usual RC tuning parameters:
controller tuning.png

All onscreen buttons remain functional, the controller buttons are just added to this. There is a lot more to this app, if you have it / buy it please read the PDF manual available under "menu => help"

Bought the 5,50 euro FPV app.

Works perfect with my Galaxy J3 (2016)

Maurits

Oh, and here is the manual that is hidden under "Menu => help":

Attachments

• tellofpv.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
Reactions: campert
Oh, and here is the manual that is hidden under "Menu => help":
Hello Volatello,
Super prgramm you made. For intuitive youngsters the manual might be OK but for me not quite clear.
Preferring my GameSir T1d for flying above my old Android it is not yet quite clear to me how to 'map' (assign) gamesir buttons to the fpv app and vice versa...
Do preprogrammed GameSir T1d buttons still work, like L2 + up = flip fwd ? R2 + Y = still Take-off?
Yaws, rolls and pitches not too important to me.
Circling POI, take-off / land, take photo/video, circle for video, wider circle for photo's, are of omportance to me.
I'm not quite sure if GameSir or fpv apps steer the Tello drone...what to do to get things strait?
Maurits (70 plus...and edp no-know)
Kortgene

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    648.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    848.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    886.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    750 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    838.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
First you have to go to the "controller" screen and scan for a new controller. The T1d will show up, it could take 2-3 tries sometimes. Then select the T1d controller in the "Student" drop down. That way onscreen controls are "master" and you can always overrule the T1D controller with the onscreen controls if something goes wrong.

Then go into "Mapping" and select the T1D controller. There you can check the mapped functions and assign new functions to the buttons. The Ryze app button mappings (L2+up = flip etc) does not work. TelloFpv does not support dual button combinations. You can use long press, short press instead.
Hope this helps!

Hello Volatello,

Thanks again!

Do hope that you will attract 10.000 Tellopilots and you can raise some money out of your superbe app and enormous effort!

Maurits
Holland

Reactions: volate!lo
Hi,

I think I begin to understand...

- However what are the 4 arrows on circles in middle of opening screen on drone?

- I installed now master/onscreen and student on gamesir. Clear.

- Yaw/Throttle left x/y; is that the left sticks un-lighted buttons?
- Roll/Pitch right x/y then the lighted right stick buttons. Already programmed by you.

- Already indicated R 1/2, D left/right, L2 and C2 are possible controller buttons to be defined?

Sorry for my stupidity.

Maurits

the circles are only shown when pressing "..:". these are flip buttons for flipping the drone

You can define the buttons to your personal liking. There are more functions than buttons actually.
You can also set two functions on one button. One function for short press, another button for long press as mentioned in the manual.
And then just try it. Will all come naturally one piece after the other.

Cheers

You're great!
The weekend I'll try to progress...
Enjoy your weekend.
M. Fr. Gr.
Maurits

I really had to think hard what you meant with "M. Fr. Gr." . Took me a while to realize that this was a german abbreviation! :LOL::ROFLMAO: I'm not used German on the internet these days

Same to you!!

Bin ich auch! But I'm just not used to reading German in this forum...

Have a nice weekend!

Bin ich auch! But I'm just not used to reading German in this forum...

Have a nice weekend!
Hello again,

Is it possible that some buttons were already assigned/pre-programmed by Volatello in my 1.0 version?

If I go to controller/student/gamesir there are already letters indicated...and if I try some buttons on the gamesir they seem to react resulting in some small crashes.

I attach three photo's of my screen as it shows up.

What/where are left x and y, right x and y, d left/right/up buttons?

Thanks again.

Maurits

Attachments

• IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 10