Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

GameSir T1d and android

Hello again,

Is it possible that some buttons were already assigned/pre-programmed by Volatello in my 1.0 version?

If I go to controller/student/gamesir there are already letters indicated...and if I try some buttons on the gamesir they seem to react resulting in some small crashes.

I attach three photo's of my screen as it shows up.

What/where are left x and y, right x and y, d left/right/up buttons?

Thanks again.

Maurits

Yes, there are a few buttons pre-configured. You have to check & re-define to your liking.

D Left, D right, D Up, D Down are the D-Pad buttons, those four buttons in the top left corner of the controller.

Lext X, Left Y refers to the left stick X and Y axis, right just the same for right stick

Reactions: campert
Yes, there are a few buttons pre-configured. You have to check & re-define to your liking.

D Left, D right, D Up, D Down are the D-Pad buttons, those four buttons in the top left corner of the controller.

Lext X, Left Y refers to the left stick X and Y axis, right just the same for right stick

Was confused by axes notation: Aircraft principal axes - Wikipedia

If I may a last question re mapping/GameSir T 1d:

- stop/hoover functioning on GameSir less clear to me
- return home on GameSir less clear

do these two functions properly work with the GameSir on an assigned button? What is supposed to happen? Same as for Onscreen?

- what does mode up and out stand for?

Thanks again in advance.

The 70 plus stupid guy from Holland...

If I may a last question re mapping/GameSir T 1d:

- stop/hoover functioning on GameSir less clear to me
- return home on GameSir less clear

do these two functions properly work with the GameSir on an assigned button?

Yes. It works. I have mapped it on my T1s. So I'm sure it also works on T1d.

Stop/hover is a panic stopp. Press the button and the Tello will stay where she is in the air. You can use it to avoid a crash.
Return to Home (RTH) brings the Tello back to the point where she startet or where you have pressed the butten for "Set home".
This function is possible not very precise. The Tello haves no GPS and can only compute the home point by the moves you have made. More moves or more impacts (e.g. wind) leads to more difference.
Up & Out lats the Tello backwards away from you by increasing the atitude. So you get nice selfie-clips.

Hi,

Am I informed well that in my version 1.01 P sofar already L1, L2, R1, R2, X, Y, A and B are assigned for GameSir T1d? All short and long push (exept RTH and Panic Stop buttons) giving us already some 14 possibilities!
Just C1, C2 and four black D buttons to come.
Thanks for your time again.
Maurits

Hi,

Am I informed well that in my version 1.01 P sofar already L1, L2, R1, R2, X, Y, A and B are assigned for GameSir T1d? All short and long push (exept RTH and Panic Stop buttons) giving us already some 14 possibilities!
Just C1, C2 and four black D buttons to come.
Thanks for your time again.
Maurits

Not exactly. T1d is fully supported. What you are referring to is the pre-defined mapping. That is just a default starting point - you can override that in any way you like.

You can map all buttons on the controller except the "pair" button which is not usable for anything but pairing.

So you can map
C1, C2, menu, 4 DPad button, L1, L2, R1, R2, A, B, X, Y

That is 15 buttons, each can be mapped for short or long press. So its 30 functions. I think that is more then currently available

Except: There are three functions that require a button on their own, as they are active while button is pressed: STOP, Rate boost, Rate limit,

I think you had a misunderstanding. T1d and Flypad were fully supported from the first public release, including all buttons.

Some other controllers (USB and Buetooth) were only partially supported, depending on the individual controller. My test controllers here are also fully supported, but others (including T1s) don't fully adhere to Android standards. Or (more likely) the Android standard did not take care of these.
I am currently working on the alternative solution so in a few days all controllers will be fully supported...

OK. No problem. I guess you make the whole world happy with your altruistic low cost effort. Some sponsoring from DJI Ryze Tello and GameSir would be appropriate!
I programmed all T1d buttons now and will test them tomorrow if there is little wind.
Am a little worried by space (meters around) nedded for up and away/pano photo/circle me.
For flips and turn 360 little space is needed as I already tested.

Maurits
(do you happen to know where you can buy these little 2 grams led lights that are selfsupporting and easily attached to the four motors without connecion to the battery port)

Up & Away and Circle me are flight modes of Tello, preprogrammed and controlled by the onboard firmware. So they are just as in the original Ryze App.

I think up&away needs about 6m backwards and maybe 3m height
Circle me (the original Tello flightmode) requires around 1,5m radius around the center
Circle POI (the TelloFpv autopilot) requires the chosen distance as radius around the POI (plus up to 50cm, depending on the selected speed). Don't go too fast with a small POI distance
Lock POI doesn't need any specific space, as you are flying the drone (it just keeps the heading automatically)
Pano just turns on the spot in a couple of steps ad takes a photo at each stop

No idea about the LEDs.

Cheers

I think you had a misunderstanding. T1d and Flypad were fully supported from the first public release, including all buttons.

Some other controllers (USB and Buetooth) were only partially supported, depending on the individual controller. My test controllers here are also fully supported, but others (including T1s) don't fully adhere to Android standards. Or (more likely) the Android standard did not take care of these.
I am currently working on the alternative solution so in a few days all controllers will be fully supported...

Hi, this morning I did test all functions. See attached schedule. All work except the 4 D buttons for flips...Throw away take off I did not test because it is not clear to me if you have to start motors first or not?
Maurits

Attachments

• GameSir T1d mapping.pdf~RF84a8e54.TMP.pdf
    192.9 KB · Views: 16
Throw away take off
If you start the function, the engines starts and rotate slow. Then you have 5 seconds to throw the Tello away. In the moment you throw her, the engines gives full power and the Tello hovers just where she is.
That means, no need to start the engines manually before.

Hi Spok,

And the 4 left black D buttons? Any idea? You once said you were waiting for them to be activated wheras Volatello indicated that in my 1.01 version with the GameSir T1d it should work...

Maurits
(a beautiful quiet weather predicted in usually windy Zeeland for the coming week, so all the time to test our little baby)

DPad is typically used for flips. I'm no fan of flips so I don't use this

Mr Spok has a different controller that wasn't fully supported. T1D and Flypad were the ones I targeted for initially, so these were supported from day one.

Most other controllers worked, but not all buttons. That has been fixed in 1.02, which is currently in Beta. Beware that this change means that during the upgrade all controller settings are deleted!

Hi,

I do not use flips/loopings neither. Just tried them to be complete.

I'll await version 1.02 and try again. Thanks for letting me know that all settings will be deleted.

Personally only L1 and L2 will be used on the left hand side.The 8 short push functions on the right hand side will do. We should not forget that this mini already is perfroming amazingly well with your program.

Enjoy your weekend.

Maurits

Hi Spok,

And the 4 left black D buttons?

Now you've got the answer straight from first hand. Nobody can answer that better than Volatello himself. :)(y)
I will use the D-buttons for the flips. For enjoying the shorties. (Not my children but my grandchildren :D)

Oh I see, you must not be far from my age (72). I do have the same idea, the under 12 love the trics little Tello can perform...
Enjoy your weekend.
Maurits

Reactions: MrSpok
DPad is typically used for flips. I'm no fan of flips so I don't use this

Mr Spok has a different controller that wasn't fully supported. T1D and Flypad were the ones I targeted for initially, so these were supported from day one.

Most other controllers worked, but not all buttons. That has been fixed in 1.02, which is currently in Beta. Beware that this change means that during the upgrade all controller settings are deleted!

Hi, what does it mean 'currently in Beta'?
Maurits

just a tech term for some special testing stage for the next release.

But you don't need it for the t1d, its more important for other controllers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv