Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Gamesir T1D spoiling video smoothness

GouthamRajan

Reaction score
Hello friends,

I am new here and new to drones. Tello is my first drone. I bought a Gamesir T1D recently for better control of the drone. But videos getting recorded in my phone is too jumpy now. It was smooth and continuous without the bluetooth conttoller and bluetooth turned off. But video starts cutting when i control tello via Gamesir T1D.

I am using a xiaomi redmi android phone. I do not have a wifi repeater. Photo quality option is in 'normal'. Is there any solution for my issue ? How to make video smoother when connected to the T1D ?

Hello friends,

I am new here and new to drones. Tello is my first drone. I bought a Gamesir T1D recently for better control of the drone. But videos getting recorded in my phone is too jumpy now. It was smooth and continuous without the bluetooth conttoller and bluetooth turned off. But video starts cutting when i control tello via Gamesir T1D.

I am using a xiaomi redmi android phone. I do not have a wifi repeater. Photo quality option is in 'normal'. Is there any solution for my issue ? How to make video smoother when connected to the T1D ?
The wifi repeater will help with that a lot.

Will it ? I thought the wifi repeater is only for range improvement. I am facing frame drop and jumpiness even at very close range also when connected to my Gamesir controller. Will a wifi repeater help in improving video quality even at short distances ?

Rajan,

I'm suffering the same problem you did. I bought a gamesir T1D controller and becomes very dissapointg. Bluetooth breaks video connection. Image is freezing and choopy. It's impossible flying that way. I'm using a Xiami WIFI extender and my low tier four years old Samsung Galaxy A3 (A300-FU)

When using gamesir T1D you are also forced to use original Tello app since controller don't work in other app.

Any help, please ?

Ok. So your wifi extender is not solving this video issue. Thanks for the info. We can try two things
a) Put your samsung in flight mode while connected to T1D. It improves the video smoothness a bit, but not much.
b) Go to the tello app settings and keep the video bit rate to the minimum value. This made the video decently smooth. But as expected, the video clarity dropped.

Try these in your piece and please share your experience also. :)

Is this distance related as when I am using my T1d with my Moto G6 plus the video seems identical to when I am not using the controller but I have always been within 6' or so of the aircraft as it is too windy to go outside so I have been following it round the house ! ?
(I have the phone in aeroplane mode as this is the only way this phone will work)
Just a thought but this must be a wifi issue so presumably there are two parts of the wifi, the aircraft and the phone. Although the aircraft is transmitting the video it may be that the phone has an effect as there may be all sorts of handshaking and other stuff etc going on.

Hello everybody,

I also bought the GameSir TD1 controller (latest firmware). My hardware: Iphone X, Xiaomi Mi Wifi 2 Extender, Tello (latest firmware), original Tello app.

When I now connect the Tello via the WiFi extender and then the controller via the app, I get a jerky and often standing picture. The control is also not always stable.

Without the GameSir Controller, everything seems to work without a problem. So far I have only read about problems with Android devices. Is this problem synonymous with IOS?

In the meantime, I also think that the new Tello firmware has problems. Previously it worked great with the iphone, the extender and the drone. Is it possible to downgrade the firmware?

Would appreciate your help,
Andreas

Hello folks. I have the same problem. It's due to interference between the phone's WiFi and the phone's Bluetooth. It has nothing to do with the controller. I have an Alcatel Idol 4.

It works excellent with almost every phone, and not with a few.

My solution was to get a cheap phone and use it only for the drone. In my case a Samsung Galaxy Ace J1, it works perfect.

Hello folks. I have the same problem. It's due to interference between the phone's WiFi and the phone's Bluetooth. It has nothing to do with the controller. I have an Alcatel Idol 4.

It works excellent with almost every phone, and not with a few.

My solution was to get a cheap phone and use it only for the drone. In my case a Samsung Galaxy Ace J1, it works perfect.
If the problem is the interference between wifi and bluetooth in a phone, how is using a cheap dedicated phone going to solve it ? The interference will happen there also, right?

If the problem is the interference between wifi and bluetooth in a phone, how is using a cheap dedicated phone going to solve it ? The interference will happen there also, right?

The fact is that that interference hapens only in some phone models, not all. For example, the Galaxy J1 Ace doesn't have it. Or at least it's not strong enough like to disturb the FPV in the Tello app.

And I say cheap to mean that it's not necesary to have an expensive phone to control the drone.

Oh, that is interesting. Do you know what spec i should look for in a phone to figure out if its wifi and bluetooth interferes with each other ?

Reactions: Garana
Also from the internet discussions, i read that both bluetooth and wifi transmission happens at 2.4 GHz which is the cause of interference. The most popular suggestion seems to be changing the wifi source transmission (tello in our case) from 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz. Is this possible in tello ? Can we change the tello's wifi video transmission frequency from 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz ?

Atello works well with a cheap $9 PS3 controller via a USB cable. Just be sure the cable is a data cable and not just a charge cable which won't work.

Oh, that is interesting. Do you know what spec i should look for in a phone to figure out if its wifi and bluetooth interferes with each other ?

I'm trying to find out if it may be that both radios (WiFi and Bluetooth) are to close phisically nto the phone. I'm looking for schemas on the Internet. It may be the cause.

I found this in a T1D review on Amazon, I'd like to know if it works before I buy one.

"...it has to be turned on in a particular order so as not to interfere with the video from the Tello. Just too many 2.4 ghz signals. 1. Turn of the controller 2. Open the Tello app and connect the controller. The 4 blue lights should now be lit. 3. If you have a range extender turn that on, wait for flashing light on extender 4. Then turn on the Tello. Wait for extender to have Blue Light 5. Connect your phone to the Tello or the Tello Wifi Extender networks."

I tried the above mentioned flow. Turn on controller first. Connect to app. Turn on tello next. Connect to app. It did not improve frame drop issue to any extent on my xiaomi redmi 3S phone.

Please excuse my 'aged' confusion. I was under the assumption that Flight Mode on my phone (Samsung S7) stopped all connections Bluetooth, Wifi and data. As per the rules on an aeroplane. However I am willing (once the aforementioned phone is charged) to try the start up path suggested. I shall of course feed back my findings... Cheers Telloers

Please excuse my 'aged' confusion. I was under the assumption that Flight Mode on my phone (Samsung S7) stopped all connections Bluetooth, Wifi and data. As per the rules on an aeroplane. However I am willing (once the aforementioned phone is charged) to try the start up path suggested. I shall of course feed back my findings... Cheers Telloers
I does. You deactivate everything, and then re-activate only what you need (WIFI)

Reactions: Sonicgrandad
Hey @volate!lo you seem to be quite a clever (insert gender here) I wonder if, in your opinion, there will come a time when when we will have 'one button on' and Fly...it has to be said i'm getting bored of the whole Controller..extender then app connection palarver.So much so my Tello is a tad dusty as i type. Not having had another drone are they all the same connection route?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv