Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Gather state data in a swarm setting

klam042

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm a newbie tello user. I'm currently working on a research project where I need to collect state data from a swarm of tello edu drones using python.
I was wondering if there was a way to obtain the state data from each drone of a swarm. Any tips or guidance would be helpful.

Thank you!

Hello.
We have been working on flying swarm drones ( LiteBee Wing FM, and dji Tello, now Robomaster Tello Talent ) for a couple of years. It has been a real challenge. We have not successfully flown over one the Tello' flown . We have tried the reserved name router route. Now trying the Tello EDU app for a swarm. So far not successful. Many problems with the Tello, short battery life that depletes while doing problem solving We got the L:iteBee Wing FM flying our of box right away with one to four drones. have not tried ten yet, but will soon. Not sure what you mean by state data, but the flight info is shown on the software . You can contact me at [email protected] , and see our work at youtube channel mecatx. Good luck and we would like to keep in touch as our goals are similar. We can also do ZOOM meetings and webnairs. Where are you located?

Hi!
What I meant for gathering by state data is information such as : battery level, x,y,z coordinates, speed etc etc.
My goal would be to fly a swarm in different formations in different conditions and get the data from each of the drone in the swarm. I will check out your youtube content!

Thank you for the quick reply. i understand. i do not use it, but have you checked out AutoMap It log's this information I understand.

Hi!
What I meant for gathering by state data is information such as : battery level, x,y,z coordinates, speed etc etc.
My goal would be to fly a swarm in different formations in different conditions and get the data from each of the drone in the swarm. I will check out your youtube content!

Hi,

You can query individual tello drone for parameters like battery level, x, y, z coordinates and speed. In the youtube tutorial i have covered how to request this information from Tello Drone. The you can build a dashboard or throw all the data in some kind of time series csv file.

If you are making use of Python to program drones, you can make use of djitellopy library or send requests to drone like below.
Screenshot 2021-07-24 at 21.22.31.png

Hi!

I'm a newbie tello user too. I have got a project about tello swarm performance
I was wondering if there was a way to obtain the state data from each drone of a swarm. Any tips or guidance would be helpful.

We do not have the answer for you, but owuld like to follopw your project. We hj\ave a few fleets of drones and have flow formation and searm for a few years.. What drone do you want to fly in a swarm, and odes the project have any funding. Dronw light hsows and the military fly swarm drones wiht feed back usually to a computer screen.May want to look at the new OFID module coming out for an approach. I fyou llok at our youtube channelk you iwll see aour simulator doing this with litedBee drones. Teh Robomasst TT Tello EDU app does have a program to fly a swarm, so it may be possible to get the get feed back and display it. Right now weare workling with RFID and NFC, mostly NFC( passive tags ) for logging flights ID etc. with ,micro drones. Where are you located. You can contact me ay [email protected]. Good luck

I was wondering if there was a way to obtain the state data from each drone of a swarm.
What kind of state data do you have in mind?
Some general state data (battery, rssi) can generally be requested through the sdk, some other can be received as telemetry stream (e.g. attitude, altitude) and a certain subset (like x, y coordinates) is only available when you fly above a flight map recognized by Tello.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philipp.weisser@ksehingen