Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Getting the sdk to recognize flip commands

Pete

Reaction score
I am unable to get the Flip back left ,back right, front left, front right commands to work. Is anyone else able to get these to work? The result I get is "Unknown Command!"

I asked Ryze, and his reply was that those flip commands will not be supported in SDK. The next version of SDK doc will remove those commands.

Reactions: Pete
Thanks for the information. That is unfortunate to hear. Krag please keep us informed about your sdk. If you need any help I would be excited to help in any way possible.

I have never actually flipped mine. :)

From looking at the code the packet should be 12 bytes long. CC 60 00 xx 70 5c 00 00 00 ZZ xx xx

Where ZZ = flip direction (0-7) and xx = CRCs

Reactions: deadprogram
Thanks, Krag. The flip values I have found so far are:

0 = front
1 = left
2 = back
3 = right

One note: the sequence bytes are needed in order for the command to recognized by the drone. E.g.

CC 60 00 xx 70 5c 00 e6 01 ZZ xx xx

Thanks again for the info!

What does 4-7 do? I can't picture a diagonal flip.

It would be cool if you could do a half side and half back flip and wind up facing the other direction. Like an immelman.

What does 4-7 do? I can't picture a diagonal flip.

It would be cool if you could do a half side and half back flip and wind up facing the other direction. Like an immelman.
Those are lb', 'lf', 'rb' and 'rf', but I have not tried them yet. Currently charging battery...

Reactions: jgraves and Krag
Can anyone help me understand how to find the command IDs? I want to fly a specific pattern with each point being a certain distance from the last point.. All of the libraries I have found, that have a decent video buffer, are using stick commands with what I'm assuming is pressure percentage for the values e.g. 0-100... How do I tell it to move right 10cm using a library like TelloPy?
P.S. I have tried issuing the SDK commands using TelloPy and THAT went horribly for a day and a half with messages such as "Unknown Command" "Out Of Range" and such.. I am severely grateful to the work that's been done and don't wish to ask for anymore to be done for my sake.. but I don't understand how you know what command IDs are linked to which command? How can I learn?

@SMerrony
Thank you. I have read the first link you provided, but the second I've not seen anything like that before, THANK you so much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv