Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Gizmo Back in Action

Fari

Reaction score
Short story : found it yesterday. He had been lost in the wild for some 60 hours. It rained during that time.

When retrieved he would turn on (led would flash green then rainbow then out) as soon as I put a battery in. Then it would just not succeed in launching it's wifi. Power button was not doin' anything.

When we arrived home I dismouted the basics pieces (props & body), I cleaned the whole thing and I checked the motors (2 are having the small pin getting "slack").

I put the same propellers back on, I powered on Gizmo and after some trial and mistakes figured that removing/putting back the battery seems to do as a power button functionality in place of a working power button.

Gizmo is back alive and flying and kicking. He's got some old wounds now though. Veteran status :)

I'll probably start reading about motors and stuff.

---

While searching for him on my wild goose chase on the wrong side of the fence I discovered something very nice with Tello FPV !

If configured to have audio recording while playing music in the line in, the audio feed lined in will be recorded as well as the mic's in.

My phone seems to try to balance the input between the mic & the line in making it that the sound of the music goes lower in volume when there is sound around me and that the microphone is having something to record.

It's fantastic. We are going to experiment with that a lot more.

Here one beautiful song and segment of Gizmo's dawn flight today.

Attachments

• IMG_20200819_170046.jpg
    IMG_20200819_170046.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 10
While searching for him on my wild goose chase on the wrong side of the fence I discovered something very nice with Tello FPV !

If configured to have audio recording while playing music in the line in, the audio feed lined in will be recorded as well as the mic's in.
I actually never tried this !

• Wow
Reactions: Fari
I actually never tried this !

It is very fun to toy with up to now.

1) It allows to fly in "cinematic" / "video clip" mode while already listening to the music.
2) It alters the end audio result as something I'd say is probably an "original" idea in regards to copyrights ;p (I will make a dummy Youtube account to test that, I am curious)
3) It allows an universe of artistic usage and developments imo;
- Imagine something like a Tello pilot challenge : 3 minute flights on a specific music.
- Dancers, circus artists and the likes in needs of demo or video shooting could use this feature.
- Overall "organicness" improvement of the audio/flying video mix.

Reactions: volate!lo
Well. That settles part of the question :)

1598208437344.png

The video is pretty cool still imo. That's the place where Gizmo crashed that I discovered during the recovery. A beautiful no man's land for toying with quads and fpv.

Reactions: Flydrone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James_All-In