Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Good evening from Marston Moretaine

leeburridge

Reaction score
Hi all,

New here - just signed up today. Got my Tello earlier this week. So far it's been a case of learning what apps are best and flying around my garden but I love her.

It's a fun thing for me and my 9yo daughter who has ADHD to play with in the Summer mainly.

I will probably look at getting a wifi extender better than the one I have now just to improve the signal strength rather than the distance and once we name her I'm getting vinyl cut with the name to put on the shell :)

Look forward to contributing here and having fun. Already considering getting a second one or possibly a Mini but I don't think that would be right for us.

Cheers for now,

Lee, 43
Marston Moretaine, UK

Reactions: GFields
Hi all,

New here - just signed up today. Got my Tello earlier this week. So far it's been a case of learning what apps are best and flying around my garden but I love her.

It's a fun thing for me and my 9yo daughter who has ADHD to play with in the Summer mainly.

I will probably look at getting a wifi extender better than the one I have now just to improve the signal strength rather than the distance and once we name her I'm getting vinyl cut with the name to put on the shell :)

Look forward to contributing here and having fun. Already considering getting a second one or possibly a Mini but I don't think that would be right for us.

Cheers for now,

Lee, 43
Marston Moretaine, UK
Hello there! yes, that’s a wonderful idea for you and your daughter.
do remember that the extender/repeater it’s just that. It’s for distance, it’s not for improving signal strength if you’re close to the original Wi-Fi source. it’s a common mistake here. since the little Tello is what introduced me to the wonderful world of drones, I love to pay it back by helping others.
i’ve done many experiments with the Tello in regards to distance, signal strength, lighting to improve the VPS since Tello doesn’t have GPS….etc….. I pretty much do everything except for coding, which is actually what the Tello‘s intended purpose is.
It is a classroom coding tool. Look that up.
Your daughter could benefit from that as well. Coding would be wonderful for any youngsters these days! obviously, using the Tello makes coding fun. certainly, that was the idea behind the design. if it had been designed for photography, it would be bigger and have more range/gps and a more sophisticated camera.
at least that’s the idea, I don’t do any coding. I was looking for a small drone for practice before getting into bigger stuff but the Tello is such an amazing little piece and this forum is wonderful as it reaches the globe and most people everywhere could afford the little Tello!
Enjoy!!!

Reactions: leeburridge
Hello there! yes, that’s a wonderful idea for you and your daughter.
do remember that the extender/repeater it’s just that. It’s for distance, it’s not for improving signal strength if you’re close to the original Wi-Fi source. it’s a common mistake here. since the little Tello is what introduced me to the wonderful world of drones, I love to pay it back by helping others.
i’ve done many experiments with the Tello in regards to distance, signal strength, lighting to improve the VPS since Tello doesn’t have GPS….etc….. I pretty much do everything except for coding, which is actually what the Tello‘s intended purpose is.
It is a classroom coding tool. Look that up.
Your daughter could benefit from that as well. Coding would be wonderful for any youngsters these days! obviously, using the Tello makes coding fun. certainly, that was the idea behind the design. if it had been designed for photography, it would be bigger and have more range/gps and a more sophisticated camera.
at least that’s the idea, I don’t do any coding. I was looking for a small drone for practice before getting into bigger stuff but the Tello is such an amazing little piece and this forum is wonderful as it reaches the globe and most people everywhere could afford the little Tello!
Enjoy!!!
Thanks :) and yes - I have worked in IT for 30 years and have had many run ins with poorly implemented WiFi systems :D

The coding part intrigues me but her mental attitude may not lend itself to it. She is pretty good with Unreal Engine 5 but that's a very visual thing for the most part and I help with the coding. She has done coding classes using the same language that Tello uses so understands how it works to a degree.

When I was her age it was robot arms in the classroom or the BBC Turtle. Much less damage can be caused with them lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv