Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Greetings from Czech

MarcoC

Reaction score
Hi all, I buy my tello few days ago, today arrived and I set up mi repeater 2. I use the tellofpv app. I am now testing a lot :) but I need to wait for better weather to get the Tello out (rain and wind between 50 - 70 km/h is not the best ?). I am very happy that I find this forum, it is full of useful informations :)

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome MarcoC (y)

Based on my experience, Tello works best for indoor. For outdoor, the ideal condition are: almost no wind, bright daylight. Watch out for trees and lastly consider the other WiFi networks near/around your location, they could interfere the connection between Tello and your phone/controller.

And just a tip when flying your Tello outdoor, when the Tello is gotten too near to a tree, try to fly it up to avoid hitting the tree, it is much safer that way rather than trying to avoid the tree. I experience this once and got really panicked and confused because the Tello is drifting because of a sudden strong wind near a 6 meters tree and then my Tello hits the tree branch and fell on a concrete from around 6 meters height. That's the lesson I got and cost me around 25 USD to repair one dead motor :cry:

Overall, Tello is the best small drone to get familiar with flying a drone. Happy flying!

Thank you for the welcome and the tips. Today was the weather better and I make my first outdoor flight and video cut, I cut hastily and on my phone, so it is not perfect.

Reactions: Chuck Bridges
You look like you are having fun with your Tello, and your boys (Most important thing) Congratulation on your Tello flight, and your wonderful family!

Thank you, the boys like everything what is RC (we have helis - blade 400, T-rex 450, blade mcpx, cars - tamiya cc-01, x-ray x1, and tanks), I'm glad we have so much in common. The younger was crying first time, that the tello is flying into the clouds :D. We like the small tello, who knows what would be the next step, spark, mavic or phantom :). This forum helps me a lot with the tello.

My boys are adults and have other pursuits. My one son has a wife and daughter and just let us know yesterday that they are expecting another (Yeah!!!). My older son is a computer geek and so far, no girl has snapped him up yet. She would need to be able to talk geek to him to get him to notice her. I had one son who liked drones, but unfortunately, he passed away then they hit a moose in the car. My wife likes to encourage my hobby... to a point. She has put a moratorium on new drones. I fly mainly Yuneec drones (Q500 4K and Typhoon H hexacopter). This hobby is fun and can get expensive, but it does keep you out of the bar! (I don't drink anyways, so the bar would probably be boring ?). I hope you and your family have fun with your Quad experiences.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv