Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Half Regret History - How I unnecessarily changed one of my tello motors

Lufenbarak

Reaction score
Around 3 weeks ago I was showing my neighbour my tello. It was at night and we were basic flying in the backyard. During the flight he accidentaly crashed it at a wire. The helix was gone, I got my spare ones and he was not able to flight; at the time I thought that the axis was warped, because he started to launch but one of the sides did not lifted. Changed for another one and the same problem. Some sadness came to my face, but my pal said that if we could not fix he would buy me a new one. I bought a new motor and waited to arrive.

My neighbour travels a lot, but this last weekend he was around to help me fix. He has a lot of talent in eletronic repair. He changed the motor, and the problem persisted.

**** (bad word censored)

That same sadness came again. Even he was disappointed; he took the Tello in his hands and after some seconds he said: "The helix is wrong"
End of the history: We used the wrong helix. From the 4 spare helix, with a 17% chance of, we used the 2 wrong ones for that motor.

So kids, BEFORE REPLACE THE MOTOR, CHECK THE HELIX.
And study and understand more of the toys that you have! =D

Last edited:
@Lufenbarak

That's correct. The helix (or propellers) have marks that should be installed at the 10 and 4 'clock positions; that are clockwise (CW) in rotation.

You'll know how to to fix the issue next time it happens. And never, ever lend anything to your neighbor again. Never. Ever. Just kidding. ;)

Around 3 weeks ago I was showing my neighbour my tello. It was at night and we were basic flying in the backyard. During the flight he accidentaly crashed it at a wire. The helix was gone, I got my spare ones and he was not able to flight; at the time I thought that the axis was warped, because he started to launch but one of the sides did not lifted. Changed for another one and the same problem. Some sadness came to my face, but my pal said that if we could not fix he would buy me a new one. I bought a new motor and waited to arrive.

My neighbour travels a lot, but this last weekend he was around to help me fix. He has a lot of talent in eletronic repair. He changed the motor, and the problem persisted.

**** (bad word censored)

That same sadness came again. Even he was disappointed; he took the Tello in his hands and after some seconds he said: "The helix is wrong"
End of the history: We used the wrong helix. From the 4 spare helix, with a 17% chance of, we used the 2 wrong ones for that motor.

So kids, BEFORE REPLACE THE MOTOR, CHECK THE HELIX.
And study and understand more of the toys that you have! =D
Yep, all you had to do was read the manual.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv