Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Having trouble operating Tello with Android phone.

Ww8860

Reaction score
I’ve had my Tello for a couple of weeks and have been using an iPhone for the controller. Works great with the iOS app. I decided to use a spare android phone (moto g5 play) so that I can try some additional that are only available for Android. The Android Tello app loads properly, but when I try to connect to the Tello, I get an error on the small WiFi icon at the top of the screen indicating that Tello WiFi is connected but has no internet. Does this indicate that the phone is not compatible, or do I need a SIM card in the phone for some reason.?
Thanks for any help.

no. That message just tells you that this wifi you are connected to does not give you access to the internet (but only to tello)

If that message pops up, tap on it, tick the checkbox and say OK. It will not show up again, and it will keep you connected to the Wifi even though it does not provide access to the internet.
If you are not prompted anymore, and have trouble connecting, go into Android network settings and "forget" the wifi. That will trigger this message to show up if you connect again, allowing you to proceed as described.

Reactions: 2edgesword
Everything is OK. The Tello has build a hotspot but has of course no internet.
When you connect yout phone with this Tello hotspot it expects an internet connection and does not find it.
But that's OK. You only can fly or surfing. Try to fly and have a lot of fun. (y)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv