Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Hello from Dublin

Michaeldowling

Reaction score
Hi all, just joined, got my Tello last week and have already got a carry case extra blades extra battery multi charger and T1S, love this little thing and the videos and photos I have so far and I’m a novice drone user

Attachments

• DEF99757-EDE5-4E6F-958E-6CFEEEE35322.jpeg
    DEF99757-EDE5-4E6F-958E-6CFEEEE35322.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 6
  • F855D22B-4016-4485-87D9-C80EF33B2A53.jpeg
    F855D22B-4016-4485-87D9-C80EF33B2A53.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 6
Reactions: dirkclod
Hey Michael I'm new in the forum and also from Dublin. Anyone happen to know if is there any restriction to fly my Tello in parks with no people around? I'm doing some autonomous tests with ESP8266 and would like to test in the park near my house. Not higher than 3 meters though. I'm around Dublin 22 and saw the restricted zone so wasn't sure if I could even put it up without problems. :)
Cheers

Hey Michael I'm new in the forum and also from Dublin. Anyone happen to know if is there any restriction to fly my Tello in parks with no people around? I'm doing some autonomous tests with ESP8266 and would like to test in the park near my house. Not higher than 3 meters though. I'm around Dublin 22 and saw the restricted zone so wasn't sure if I could even put it up without problems. :)
Cheers
@soaretello - you might find what you need here - Drones - there's a list of rules and also a map of restricted areas.
When you say ESP8266 - does that mean you've built your own drone from scratch or have changed/added to the Tello with the Arduino chip? Awesome skills either way!

Thanks I’ll check that for sure. Yes I’ve integrated my microcontroller with Tello with some pre coded coordinates to fly it autonomously. Cheers

Reactions: fentona1963
Thanks I’ll check that for sure. Yes I’ve integrated my microcontroller with Tello with some pre coded coordinates to fly it autonomously. Cheers
Really cool - I see that some of the other DJI drones work with an app called Litchi to do similar things - but that's not cheap! If you are worried about restricted areas you might even be able to configure the Tello for geofencing if you can use GPS.

I've just bought my Tello and I can already see from this forum that people are doing REALLY advanced things with them - YAPT - Yet Another Pose Tracking (AI based)

Best of luck with it.

Yeah I also have one Python script with follow me function but for this I need to use the laptop. For me Tello is the best if not only drone for those who wants to enjoy drone and coding. I’ve downloaded AirMap app to have more precise locations where I can fly without risks and will pay that fckng 30€ to get that operator license.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan