Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Hello from Germany!

ademkagz

Reaction score
Hello,
I will receive my Tello Drone estimated on Monday! Here in Germany, we have strict rules to follow. It's like a 10 paged document.
I already did everything and I am ready to fly when it received.

Reactions: Terry and dirkclod
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .(y)

Hi ademkagz,
with a toy drone of the tello's minimal noise, light weight and limited range, you're unlikely to run into trouble even here in Germany. Chances are that your liability insurance has you covered. (Better check that, of course.) But it really takes some very bad luck (or stupidity) to cause serious damage with a Tello.

Regards,
Andy

Hi ademkagz,
with a toy drone of the tello's minimal noise, light weight and limited range, you're unlikely to run into trouble even here in Germany. Chances are that your liability insurance has you covered. (Better check that, of course.) But it really takes some very bad luck (or stupidity) to cause serious damage with a Tello.

Regards,
Andy
Please make sure you fully understand the fine print of your insurance.

Many insurances cover drones that are "not required to be insured" (in German: nicht versicherungspflichtig). Well _every_ drone used outdoors is required to be insured so such an insurance covers only indoor flights.

And almost all insurances cover drones but their coverage does NOT meet the legal requirements of the LuftVG / LuftVZO.
So even though you are covered and the insurance will probably pay for any damage caused you are still "flying without insurance" from an official standpoint so you could be fined (and since you are treated like a real pilot the fines are not in the 20 Euro range).

How to find out? Insist that your insurance company provides the legally required confirmation of insurance according to §106 LuftVZO.
Most insurances will find funny excuses why this is not required, or why they currently can't provide it. The true answer is: They do not meet a few legal requirements of the LuftVG and they know it.

In the end just a handful of insurance companies in Germany actually provide a valid insurance.

Please make sure you fully understand the fine print of your insurance.

Many insurances cover drones that are "not required to be insured" (in German: nicht versicherungspflichtig). Well _every_ drone used outdoors is required to be insured so such an insurance covers only indoor flights.

And almost all insurances cover drones but their coverage does NOT meet the legal requirements of the LuftVG / LuftVZO.
So even though you are covered and the insurance will probably pay for any damage caused you are still "flying without insurance" from an official standpoint so you could be fined (and since you are treated like a real pilot the fines are not in the 20 Euro range).

How to find out? Insist that your insurance company provides the legally required confirmation of insurance according to §106 LuftVZO.
Most insurances will find funny excuses why this is not required, or why they currently can't provide it. The true answer is: They do not meet a few legal requirements of the LuftVG and they know it.

In the end just a handful of insurance companies in Germany actually provide a valid insurance.
I already researched that and I got to an result that helden.de haftpflicht is the best ^^

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

I already researched that and I got to an result that helden.de haftpflicht is the best ^^

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
They simply have an aggressive affiliate marketing team spreading their affiliate codes everywhere. Certainly not an indicator they are "the best"
Seems to work well for them but totally turns me off (plus I read their fineprint).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philipp.weisser@ksehingen