Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Hello from Indiana

RetiredCop

Reaction score
Hello All,

Brand new Tello owner. Brand new drone pilot as well.

Having considerable issues getting started. Cannot seem to update the firmware. Does Tello need to be connected as well as being connected to the internet?

Also, the images I am seeing on my phone are terrible. Like looking into a snow globe except there are lines of color horizontally. The images saved look okay, but the videos have a green line on the top of the screen when viewed following recording.

Does anyone have any idea(s) about this issue?

Thanks and Hello!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to our forum .Hope you find all the resources you seek and look forward
to any photos or videos you might post .
Any issues just ask.
Enjoy (y)

Hello buddy and welcome. For your update issue, I would try to start the app, connect Tello, it will let you in the app, switch wifi to your home WiFi, download the firmware and connect to your Tello again. Or connect to your Tello and also turn on your 4G internet.

For the lines, I think new firmware will help you. I did clean install following this guide: Firmware reset

This solved a lot of problems I had with my Tello.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the TelloPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Tello quadcopters.
Enjoy the forum

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the TelloPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Tello quadcopters.
Enjoy the forum

LuvMyTJ, how do you add a picture to your signature. I've been trying all afternoon, but have been unable to do so. :(

Unfortunately, we do not allow images in the sigs. Some people added huge photos and that just didn't work. That may change going forward as we add new features that are in the works.
TJ

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv