Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Hello from San Diego, Ca.

alexcordero9

Reaction score
I got a Tello because I was curious about drones and didn't want to drop a lot of cash on something I didn't understand. But after messing around with this little drone, this may be all I'll ever need to satisfy my drone curiosity. This gadget is a lot more technology than I expected.

Fari

Reaction score
I got a Tello because I was curious about drones and didn't want to drop a lot of cash on something I didn't understand. But after messing around with this little drone, this may be all I'll ever need to satisfy my drone curiosity. This gadget is a lot more technology than I expected.
You are expressing exactly what I first experienced three months ago.

You are probably wrong about the "I'll ever need to satisfy my drone curiosity [...]" part though.

I was because at some point I wanted to try to fly without VPS.

I'm beginning to have a lot of fun with this 75$ mini quad that I'd say is mostly the opposite of a Tello :
EDIT : it is an HS110D (Holy Stone very low cost no gps no vps drone)

I am kinda preparing an idea for a video comparing my quads but I'm far from ready yet and this footage is really cool.

Also, I think it fits your point here: Tellos are technologycaly superior but are so much "user friendly" or (trying to be) "death proof" that they also remove a lot of piloting freedom.

Welcome in mate!

Last edited:

alexcordero9

Reaction score
You are expressing exactly what I first experienced three months ago.

You are probably wrong about the "I'll ever need to satisfy my drone curiosity [...]" part though.

I was because at some point I wanted to try to fly without VPS.

I'm beginning to have a lot of fun with this 75$ mini quad that I'd say is mostly the opposite of a Tello :
EDIT : it is an HS110D (Holy Stone very low cost no gps no vps drone)

I am kinda preparing an idea for a video comparing my quads but I'm far from ready yet and this footage is really cool.

Also, I think it fits your point here: Tellos are technologycaly superior but are so much "user friendly" or (trying to be) "death proof" that they also remove a lot of piloting freedom.

Welcome in mate!
Oh good, your dogs chase the drone too. My Boxer spectacularly yanked my new Tello out of the sky. I didn't know he could jump that high.. He's now leashed if I'm flying it.

Yeah, you're right about "more I'll ever need" comment I made. I'm already shopping for a Mavic mini. lol Thanks.

• Haha
Reactions: Bruchpilot and Fari

dirkclod

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .(y)

BIGBAD

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
You will get a whole lot of fun out of the Tello but I reckon you will catch the bug like most of us and want to push the boundaries a little further :devilish::devilish:.... I got my Tello in June and I just ordered a Mavic Mini last week as I want to achieve better video quality and time in the air...

Happy flying !!

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amslon