Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Hello from the Netherlands! :-)

Moorelife

Reaction score
A mere three days after Father's Day, where my kids got me a Tello drone, I succeeded in getting it programmed with Python 3, and am now exploring the SDK for accuracy and completeness. Software Test Engineer by profession, and IT and Life enthusiast by nature, I seem to have found myself a new hobby...

Future plans with my Python 3 programming will be to put it on Github, and extend the program with timings so as to be able to chain the commands together without too much unnecessary delays.

Typically, a flight plan for the program would now be represented with a string like: "takeoff|flip f|flip b|flip l|flip r|land|quit". Graphical user interface will come later...

Welcome to our newest forum .Hope you find all the resources you seek and look forward
to any photos or videos you might post .
Any issues just ask.
Enjoy (y)

Thanks for the warm welcome, and the more extensive manual. :)
Meanwhile I just finished putting my first programming experiment up on Github: Moorelife/DroneSources
It shows how delays between commands can sometimes mess up, and will be extended into a class that automatically adds relevant waiting periods between the various commands.

Hi Moorelife, thank you for sharing!! I hope to make time to use/test your code, I simply love the Idea of controlling the drone via code. I read your code it is clean, precise and clear. I just got the drone from mediamarkt in eindhoven, and for now my son would not let me near it!!

Reactions: Moorelife
I will indeed add to it soon, but there is a lot of experimenting involved: I aim to make the commands such, that they add proper delays before returning, so the flight plan splitter does not need to add delays itself. But any command has a fixed and a dynamic delay, and determining those values requires experimentation.

Hmm, it seems I misread your initial comment tutemma. Of course you are more than welcome to use and abuse the project however you see fit. I did fortunately already tell you where I wish it to go, in the previous post: thinking of adding a class wrapper around the original Tello API, that will add proper waiting periods based on what command is sent. Also I have already found another interface that also allows for access to the video stream. Will also be investigating that...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv