Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Help with Tello battery on daughters new drone. PLEASE HELP!!!

Jbug78

Reaction score
My daughter received her Tello drone yesterday as a gift. She used it quite a bit yesterday and it worked fine, and went back to it first thing this morning when she woke up. She said it back down so that we could run out of the house for a few hours. She remove the batteries, and did not leave them in the charger when we arrived home she then charge the batteries, and went to use the drama. The battery seem to charge very quickly in the three battery d she used it quite a bit yesterday and it worked fine, and went back to it first thing this morning when she woke up. She said it back down so that we could run out of the house for a few hours. She remove the batteries, and did not leave them in the charger when we arrived home she then charge the batteries, and went to use the drum. The batteries seem to charge very quickly in the three battery dock. It indicated all three batteries were fully charge, however when she puts them in the drone each one registers as dead. I unplug the battery charger, and turn everything off and set them on the counter for about 30 minutes. Then I tried charging the batteries again and they indicated they were charging but only for about 10 minutes each before they indicated they were fully charged again however the drone still register his name was dead. My daughter is very upset, is there something that we’ve done wrong? Or is there something we can do to fix this?

Reactions: mork
Welcome @Jbug78.

Bit difficult to read your wall of text and the sequence of events but:
  1. Were the (3) batteries charged before the first use or all inserted into the Tello right out of the box on the initial flight(s)?
  2. Which battery charger/dock are you using? OEM?
  3. Memory serves, the OEM charger does not come with an AC adapter. What are you using and what is the amperage (A) rating on that?
Your responses will help narrow down the issue.

When we took the three batteries out of the box we immediately put them on the charger, after about 20 to 30 minutes it indicated all green solid lights that all three batteries were fully charged. We are using the charger dock that came with it it says Tello model number G1CH To charge it we are plugging it into my daughters cell phone charger which says 1.57 A or 2.0 a

Try:
  • Changing the micro USB cable on the cell phone charger if it's swappable. Could be faulty. What's the output voltage (V) on the charger?
  • Use a different charger rated for a minimum of 1.0A.
  • Assuming this is a brand new Tello and fresh batteries?

Yes, it is a brand new Tello and charger we just got it yesterday. And thank you for your help. However we spoke to her godfather who sent it to her yesterday he suggested a firmware, update , And sure enough it works!

Glad to hear. Appeared to be a battery issue but next suggestions were factory reset or firmware upgrade, as smart godfather suggested.

Happy droning for your daughter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James_All-In