Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Helped Please , it's about the headlight

Th3DroneroGT

Reaction score
Well I saw all the mods of lights and they caught my attention and I would like to do one, I do not have much knowledge about electronics and I really want to do that because at night I have trouble flying the tello or it gets lost and I panic, well in the image that you will see because I have a curiosity, the cables from the bottom is the earth (GND) or what is it? And the forward part is the positive and negative of the engines? I ask it because if so it would weld the positive and negative lights of each engine, I would like you to tell me if it would be good what I would do? It hurt me a lot to **** on my own drone :(, thanks to those who help me.

Motors.jpg

@Guorium, definitely mate!

The easiest way is to just pick the white stuff off. It’s not glue, more of a rubber blob that comes off when you pull/pick at it.

Cheers,
ph2t.

Reactions: Guorium
The ones at the bottom are antennae wires and shouldn’t be messed with.

The white stuff is a pain in the *** and the best way I’ve found to get rid of it it an exacto knife, some tweezers, and a whole lot of patience.

Under the white pain in the *** are four connections on each side. Blue and white are positive, black is negative.

If you’re not pretty good with a soldering iron I’d recommend finding another way, cuz it’s pretty tight in there.

Good luck

Reactions: Guorium
Blue and white are positive, black is negative.
Which could already have been realized by the OP :rolleyes: as it is clearly marked on the PCB....

I do not have much knowledge about electronics
Then I wouldn't start messing around on the PCB, go for some USB (or standalone) powered lights instead and leave the electronics alone. Unless, of course, you're able to write off your Tello completely and buy a new one in case something goes wrong.

Which could already have been realized by the OP :rolleyes: as it is clearly marked on the PCB....

Then I wouldn't start messing around on the PCB, go for some USB (or standalone) powered lights instead and leave the electronics alone. Unless, of course, you're able to write off your Tello completely and buy a new one in case something goes wrong.

I will tell you my experience haha, in the end I managed to put only 1 led strip, since I removed one thing that covers the led of the tello so that only part of the casing is looked at, it is removed so that at the bottom it could also be seen to blink and It looked like a drone DJI, well at the beginning it was a disaster in the circuit of cables because they were very thick and they gave me 2 in the morning and the LED worked fine, I had the defect that the drone to the hour I put the battery and half pressed the arm where the engine is seized fire without seeing the drone, leave it there, get up at 6 in the morning and then finish fixing that and the end result led tello works perfectly and at night it helps me a lot to locate where the back is!

Interesting fact !: I did not miss flight time with this modification, the last flight lasted me 9:56 minutes and with the TelloFPV App The best thing with this drone !! Thanks to everyone who helped me!

20190207_172826.jpg

20190207_172546.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv