Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Hi can anyone help me?

Moose 1961

Reaction score
I'm looking for the bottom cover the one that covers the Heatsink
Can't find one anywhere
Cheers Tim

I'm looking for the bottom cover the one that covers the Heatsink
Can't find one anywhere
Cheers Tim
hey Moose, not sure if this will help. here is a phone number for a Ryze repair center in Cerritos, Ca, USA tele: 310 616 5299. this is where ryze will have you send in your tello for repair. haven't yet called them myself, but it may be a good place to start.

Happy and safe flying
Inno

Reactions: Hopalong
hey Moose, not sure if this will help. here is a phone number for a Ryze repair center in Cerritos, Ca, USA tele: 310 616 5299. this is where ryze will have you send in your tello for repair. haven't yet called them myself, but it may be a good place to start.

Happy and safe flying
Inno
Thanks i will contact them, it's an important part you would think that it would be on sale
Just wanted one as a spare!
Cheers Tim

I think it's a difficult part to break!
if you use the cello correctly and with a take-off and landing on a Landing Pad (also on the hand) the Tello is indestructible.;)

Your welcome moose. flydrone is correct, these little guys are almost indestructible... unless... you try to repair and/or modify something and screw it up, as I did. I was looking for the landing pads on the legs which I totally destroyed trying to get them off carefully when replacing a motor. thank whomever I am not a surgeon.. I ended up using high temp silicone rubber end caps. worked great. aside from the electronics which all together is one piece (not taken apart), all you have to worry about is the 4x landing pads, 1x main body, 1x top cover, and the 1x bottom cover. a great little drone and very simply built.

happy and safe flying
inno

To replace the motors, it is not necessary to remove the rubber feet under the support. :unsure:

I say this from experience, these jobs must be done with a lot of patience and precision and in the end you will find yourself a clean and equal work to the original.
I'm lucky in this ... I still have to replace the Tello engines and after more than 10 hours of flying, everything is still ok!;)

I find this video very well done to do a "clean" job.

Last edited:
Why don't solder the wires right inside the frame beam ?
Cut the old wires at the middle of beam, install new motor, cut it's wires to proper lengths and solder to old ones ?
And don't remove the cap with a risk to damage cams ?

Why don't solder the wires right inside the frame beam ?
Cut the old wires at the middle of beam, install new motor, cut it's wires to proper lengths and solder to old ones ?
And don't remove the cap with a risk to damage cams ?

The issue came up when replacing the rear motor where the antenna also resides. the wires to the motor should run underneath the motor through a channel leading to the wire path in the leg then to the pcb. thanks for the video flydrone! if replacing the front motor, he's right. removing the feet is not necessary. but challenging. when attempting the rear, trying to get the wire to feed into the slot and out trying to get around the antenna was difficult at best, especially when your eye site sucks, thus the removal of the feet to make it easier. it can suck getting old. but I prefer a clean install, wire wise. yes, I toasted the feet, but the silicone caps work great, at least until I can find replacements of the originals. with the exception of the feet, my tello still looks original.

Happy and safe flying
inno

Reactions: Flydrone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv