Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Hi from holland

Shadowplay

Reaction score
Hi,
I am Tina from Holland.
Tried the tello once and sraight away i was blown away.
Trying different devices to find out which one works the best for me.

iPad works good.
Samsung s9+ won’t record (read on this forum that switching the data off will help)
Next to try a controller and the Samsung J5

Received a different drone for Christmas and asked if it could be swapped for a tello instead... was not problem and have flown every day since, if only for 10 mins.
Completely hooked !! ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikeg
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
(y)

Cool toy, isn't it!

As for recording, check the permissions. Thats the culprit most often.

If you wat to try a controller other than Gamesir T1d you have to get a custom app. Currently available are aTello (free for download somewhere her in the developer section), aTelloPilot (Commercial on Google Play, developer is here from time to time), and finally my TelloFpv (Free demo and full version both on play store). They all support some sort of external controller but you need to check first.

No idea what is available on IOS.

Cool toy, isn't it!

As for recording, check the permissions. Thats the culprit most often.

If you wat to try a controller other than Gamesir T1d you have to get a custom app. Currently available are aTello (free for download somewhere her in the developer section), aTelloPilot (Commercial on Google Play, developer is here from time to time), and finally my TelloFpv (Free demo and full version both on play store). They all support some sort of external controller but you need to check first.

No idea what is available on IOS.

It is definitely a cool toy, unfortunately the weather conditions haven’t been good enough to try it outside yet so have been practising flying inside for now. The cats are not amused,

Tried a PS controller with the octopus app but hasn’t really been very good. Crashed twice due to lagging controls so am looking around for a Gamesir Td1 controller as I have seen good reviews.

I decided against using my S9+ phone as it refused to record any video and so I am sticking with th J5 as this seems to work the best and this way it gets used rather than keeping the phone useless in the cupboard.

T1d and good reviews? :unsure: Only if you have a wifi repeater. Otherwise the BT interference tends to corrupt the video stream.
Latest version of TelloFpv has a little flashing icon that lights up every time the broken stream needs to be repaired. You wouldn't believe how often that is the case even with Tello sitting right beside the phone.

You will get better video if you go for a wired controller and either aTelloPilot or TelloFpv for direct controller support without Octopus. Just try the free demo and see if it works for you (OK, the demo is a slightly older version lacking a few functions like the corruption indicator).

T1d and good reviews? :unsure: Only if you have a wifi repeater. Otherwise the BT interference tends to corrupt the video stream.
Latest version of TelloFpv has a little flashing icon that lights up every time the broken stream needs to be repaired. You wouldn't believe how often that is the case even with Tello sitting right beside the phone.

You will get better video if you go for a wired controller and either aTelloPilot or TelloFpv for direct controller support without Octopus. Just try the free demo and see if it works for you (OK, the demo is a slightly older version lacking a few functions like the corruption indicator).

Thanks for the tip.
The reviews didn’t say if the did or didn’t use a repeater.
Not that that would be a problem as the repeater will be delivered (possibly flown in ?} tomorrow but in any case I will give take a look at the apps you suggest.
If I were to go for a wired controller (as I am guessing they are more stable/reliable) which one would you suggest?

Look around and you can see the problems that arise from bluetooth connections.

Before spending any money on controller or apps set you priorities: Is controller precision important? Do you want to do VR FPV? Do you like any of the apps more than the others? Each has a couple of features that are unique. Personally I don't like switching apps unless I really have to.

Check out the apps and decide which one you want to fly. If you want to stick to Ryze App you already made the decision: Its t1d or nothing. The other apps open up a few more options.

Maybe you already have any external controller lying around that can be hooked up? Any USB gamepad, maybe a Parrot flypad? If so, try it with the app you like most and see if it works.

Look around and you can see the problems that arise from bluetooth connections.

Before spending any money on controller or apps set you priorities: Is controller precision important? Do you want to do VR FPV? Do you like any of the apps more than the others? Each has a couple of features that are unique. Personally I don't like switching apps unless I really have to.

Check out the apps and decide which one you want to fly. If you want to stick to Ryze App you already made the decision: Its t1d or nothing. The other apps open up a few more options.

Maybe you already have any external controller lying around that can be hooked up? Any USB gamepad, maybe a Parrot flypad? If so, try it with the app you like most and see if it works.

Good idea
I was under the impression that the Tello app was the most stable but you are quite right, I will try the others out to see which one works the best for me and then take a look at which controller is best.
Thanks for the info.
I will keep you posted.
?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode