Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

How do I begin ?

bustrama

Reaction score
Hi,

Noob developer here, I started few years ago with C# mainly focused on .net web development.
Right now I'm learning Java at the university.

From quick Googling it looks like the main language for drone develops are in Python, so my question how do I begin to write code for the tello ?
And since I don't have wireless on my PC, maybe I can try to do it all through my Android (create app).
I'm not interested with all the scatch things.

I recently started experimenting with Python and the Tello myself. I wanted to use an older chromebook with the tello for this. The model I wantedto use did not have Linux apps available, but it did support Android apps. I figured out you can install python on android by first installing an app called Termux. Termux is basically a terminal but it has additional packages available. I was able to install python, but I was not able to install the package damiafuentes/DJITelloPy because I don't think opencv has a package available for the architecture of my chromebook. However, I think the other packages including the official one will install via pip. I haven't tried this yet. I ended up using another chromebook that supported linux apps because I had another one handy. The screen size and keyboard may be an issue on your phone but I do believe it is possible.

I have laptop with Kali installed, so basically I can work on my PC, upload the code to github and then pull it on the laptop.
My issue is mainly where to start ? is there a free course or article about it ?
Never tried to work directly with SDK ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv