Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

How to read logs from Tello that flew away / escaped?

Makusi75

Reaction score
Hi!

The other day when my 11 years old son was flying the Ryze Tello, it suddenly rised up high in the sky, got out of control and took off in an south-east direction in a very high speed and we totaly lost it! :-(

First of all, I'm currious to know why it did like this - if we ever will find it again or buy a new one to not make this happen again.

Then, I actually on my sons Android mobile found the latest .dat file from the Tello App.
But I do not understand how to read and understand the data from that file.
Can somebody please help me to read and understand the data - and maybe there are a little, little chance that we can find the drone again - or at least maybe understand what might went wrong.

I put the log file (1577786779610.DAT) here, if somebody can help us out with this:

Or are there any other way to understand what might have happened, and hopefully get some more clues where to more go looking for it (we have a fairly good directtion where it went - but so far we have not yeat found it :-(

Best Regards
/Marcus

Thank you! However I did not yeat really manage to get a good picture of the Ryze Tello route :-(
This is the picture the CssView gave me so far.

The second snapshot is from Google Maps and shows where we started and the direction as we by eyes could see it. In the south-east direction of the Google maps where I marked with a cross is a Mobile Antenna Mast that my son says that he actually saw quite close in his mobile before it lost connection.
The Ryze Tello was operated via a Xiaomi Wifi Repeater (so it might have signal quite far...).

I have been out walking around the area for quite a while searching without found it! :-(

And I really do not how to interpret the .DAT file to understand where it might have crashed.

1578071019167.png

1578071520656.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccer843