Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

How to read tello flight log?

Guorium

Reaction score
Hello all! I extracted some dat file from official tello app and now I am stuck on how to read them... Trying to diagnose a crash so I wish there is some error recorded in the log. Thanks!

Reactions: Customerx
Does the TELLO export data also in real-time through the serial port? During flight? Never tried myself.

Does the TELLO export data also in real-time through the serial port? During flight? Never tried myself.
To provide the Tello app data so we can check what happened during your flight. The flight controller data cannot be stored on the aircraft and will be sent to the Tello app in real-time. The simplified flight controller data will be saved in the Tello app and can be exported by connecting the mobile device to the computer. At most 2 GB data can be stored in the Tello app. If the storage is full, and you continued to fly the aircraft, the oldest data will be overwritten. All 2GB of data can be exported from the app file where it is saved and may be lost after the app is uninstalled.

For the oldest version of the Tello app; the data cannot be sent back to the app. Check whether your app version is 1.2.1 for Android or later, or 1.1.2 for iOS or later. If yes, do export data in the following paths:

If you are using Android: File Management/Local/SD Card/Android/data/com.ryzerobotics.tello/files/droneLog/
If you are using iOS: File Sharing/Tello/log

Method above was from Ryze support

But does it give you some kind of input and error log? I read it with csvview it seems it only give kinetic and geometrical data of the flight.

I forgot to say all my test were using DAT log file from aTelloPilot third part app, not stock Tello app. Sorry.

Raul.

Reactions: Guorium
I forgot to say all my test were using DAT log file from aTelloPilot third part app, not stock Tello app. Sorry.

Raul.
I did try datcon and it did not give command log too... I guess I will let the ryze guys read it for me

And how to read the logs on iPhone?
Maybe, I missed it, but is there a way to access the log on an iPhone?
Thanks in advance.
F41ardu

Still waiting for good weather conditions to fly around outside.

Reactions: DinoBaldi
And how to read the logs on iPhone?
Maybe, I missed it, but is there a way to access the log on an iPhone?
Thanks in advance.
F41ardu

Still waiting for good weather conditions to fly around outside.
Use itunes. When it derect ur phone u gonto share files in the expanded selections of ur iphone. Then among the files u choose tello app, in there you find a log folder. Export that.

Reactions: f41ardu
Hi, I'm trying to find a way to read the Tello log messages directly on my PC without going through the above mentioned process of downloading the log files from the app post-flight. Is there a way to receive the telemetry data via the usb cable or by being connected to the drone from my PC? Thanks

Reactions: mughal
Hi, I'm trying to find a way to read the Tello log messages directly on my PC without going through the above mentioned process of downloading the log files from the app post-flight. Is there a way to receive the telemetry data via the usb cable or by being connected to the drone from my PC? Thanks
Don’t think it is possible. Tello is not the one logging the flight. It sends data to the app and the app logs it. What are you trying to achieve over the phone to pc method with your way?

Don’t think it is possible. Tello is not the one logging the flight. It sends data to the app and the app logs it. What are you trying to achieve over the phone to pc method with your way?
Thanks for your reply! I'm trying to view the state of the drone in real time rather than after a flight, mainly interested in velocity and position, ideally without having to fly the drone in the first place just move it around while holding it in my hand. I found a way to get velocity on my pc using a simple python script on github, but no way to view position or other fused values yet.

Edit: this should be possible since the drone sends the data back to the app, so why can't it just send it to a pc instead? Probably have to write some software for that, was just wondering if anyone has already done it since I know others were able to control it from a pc but don't know about receiving logging data.

Thanks for your reply! I'm trying to view the state of the drone in real time rather than after a flight, mainly interested in velocity and position, ideally without having to fly the drone in the first place just move it around while holding it in my hand. I found a way to get velocity on my pc using a simple python script on github, but no way to view position or other fused values yet.

Edit: this should be possible since the drone sends the data back to the app, so why can't it just send it to a pc instead? Probably have to write some software for that, was just wondering if anyone has already done it since I know others were able to control it from a pc but don't know about receiving logging data.
Yes you do need to write a program. I am no programmer though. I believe however this video would point you in the right direction. I just do not know if this application tracks position in 3D. The video only showed velocity in all directions, yaw angle, and horizontal distance. I would think 3D position is tracked in Tello EDU's SDK since it is required for collision free swarm flight.

Last edited:
Hello I need some help I lost my drone after my first flight and cant find it now it just kept flying and wasn't responding to my controls . How can I get the flight data from tello app to my pc from my Samsung phone?. Will I be able to locate where the drone went if I get these logs ? Any help would be appreciated .

Hello, did you find a way to read the Tello logs directly from the PC? Please let me know. I also need to get the Telemetry data log. Can you please share the details or the python script or anything you are using?

Hello, can you please share the github script to read the velocity of the Tello. I am also trying to read the Tello flight logs on my PC. If you can help in this regard, please do so.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv