Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

I would like to know the opinion of all...

PaulPFH

Reaction score
The question is, what do you see as the best carrying case? I’d had my eyes on the Smatree one that carries a Tello, plus four extra batteries. But what I want to know is, is there something better? Actually, with that Smatree case I’d mention, some guy who bought it cut into it in a few places, and he made it so it had room for the Tello, the four batteries PLUS a controller. Pretty sweet. But I don’t know my way around that kind of stuff, converting cases. Anyway, I’m babbling; your opinions, please? And maybe a site name so we can all see what you’re talking about? Thank you! ?

I mostly use two cases:
For a walk in the park I use the "Faithpro" round case thats available everywhere. Its OK if you treat it well: don't shake it, smash it, drop it, sit on it. Otherwise the batteries leave their bay and end up anywhere in the case. For me its OK for a walk in the park and storage at home.
I have square ones as well but all of them loose the batteries even if treated well. Good for storage only.

The one I use for travels is this:

If I run into an otterbox / pelican case of similar size I'd upgrade to that but all we have here are much larger. And size does matter when hiking or on flights with only cabin luggage.

I'm new at this and I don't have a lot of accessories. So I strip mine of props and guards have a dog tag chain I slip through the leg and carry mine around my neck. Props and batteries I carry in my pocket. Don't use guards... Works well for me and the cost is very efficient... Might have to rethink my strategy cause I am gonna start using a flypad with mine... It Iz what it Iz!

I mostly use two cases:
For a walk in the park I use the "Faithpro" round case thats available everywhere. Its OK if you treat it well: don't shake it, smash it, drop it, sit on it. Otherwise the batteries leave their bay and end up anywhere in the case. For me its OK for a walk in the park and storage at home.
I have square ones as well but all of them loose the batteries even if treated well. Good for storage only.

If I run into an otterbox / pelican case of similar size I'd upgrade to that but all we have here are much larger. And size does matter when hiking or on flights with only cabin luggage.
I’ve been thinking...this Faithpro case sounds good for my necessities. But I’m not 100% sure; let me shop a little bit more...

I mostly use two cases:

To the Faithpro that you suggested...what do you think of Smatree’s case, that holds the Tello plus 4 batteries, with a pouch added on? That one is rectangular/square shaped. But would you say the Faithpro is better? Thank you!

The faithpro is "OK" for the low price (8 Euro or so) but certainly not "good" IMO.

The Smatree looks much better, as the slots for the batteries look very deep. But if there is too much room in the lid / pouch the batteries can work loose. That is in my view the main problem with all these cases. The last thing you want is Lithium batteries rocking around unprotected. Add the little propeller tool (metal) and you can have lots of fun - even with the small batteries of Tello.

The pouch in the top is only useful if tello sits low enough in the foam that nothing can ever touch the motor shafts.

For me these cases just don't work. I need something as small as possible and rugged enough to take a beating.

The faithpro is "OK" for the low price (8 Euro or so) but certainly not "good" IMO.

The Smatree looks much better, as the slots for the batteries look very deep. But if there is too much room in the lid / pouch the batteries can work loose. That is in my view the main problem with all these cases. The last thing you want is Lithium batteries rocking around unprotected. Add the little propeller tool (metal) and you can have lots of fun - even with the small batteries of Tello.

The pouch in the top is only useful if tello sits low enough in the foam that nothing can ever touch the motor shafts.

For me these cases just don't work. I need something as small as possible and rugged enough to take a beating.
And that’s just what I’m searching for. It seems to me, that there just has to be a suitable carrying case. Just get on Amazon, and you’re given the choice of LOTS of items. But I know nearly all of these will not hold up to the job. Which is why, I asked the question, what carrying case should I get? Does anybody own a good/great case? Please, do tell!

I bought two cases on Ebay that work well. My girlfriend also has a tello. They were cut inside to hold 4 batts, gamesir controller, tello with prop guards, have a zipper pouch in the lid. I dont see how the batteries could ever fall out. My only gripe is that you pretty much need the prop guards to hold the tello. I only put my prop guards on to put it in the case.

I bought two cases on Ebay that work well. My girlfriend also has a tello. They were cut inside to hold 4 batts, gamesir controller, tello with prop guards, have a zipper pouch in the lid. I dont see how the batteries could ever fall out. My only gripe is that you pretty much need the prop guards to hold the tello. I only put my prop guards on to put it in the case.
Okay. This does sound useful. Hmmm. Now that I think about it, it does seem that I let one persons opinion shoot down what I’d already suggested. What does everyone else think of the Smatree case? I’m sorry volate!lo, if it seems like I have no faith in what you say. I do have faith. But as I started out, I am searching for a case. ?

Etkaveman24, can you offer a product name for this case that you have, please? Thank you.

The first one I bought was this one, from Amazon:

Amazon.com: Anbee Tello Carrying Case Portable Shoulder Bag for DJI Tello / Tello EDU Drone and Gamesir T1D Gamepad Remote Controller: Toys & Games

The batteries stay in the slots and everything else fits well. The only thing I didn't like was no room for a power brick.

So I made this one from an aluminum attache case I already had:

IMG_20190906_055134_1.jpg

It carries everything and then some.
In the left rear slot are two power bricks, each with 4x 18650 Li-on batts., salvaged from old laptop power packs.

Since that photo was taken I've bought a Smatree DT30 charger, which fits perfectly in the left front slot...

I like it

Last edited:
The first one I bought was this one, from Amazon:

Amazon.com: Anbee Tello Carrying Case Portable Shoulder Bag for DJI Tello / Tello EDU Drone and Gamesir T1D Gamepad Remote Controller: Toys & Games

The batteries stay in the slots and everything else fits well. The only thing I didn't like was no room for a power brick.

So I made this one from an aluminum attache case I already had:

View attachment 4575

It carries everything and then some.
In the left rear slot are two power bricks, each with 4x 18650 Li-on batts., salvaged from old laptop power packs.

Since that photo was taken I've bought a Smatree DT30 charger, which fits perfectly in the left front slot...

I like it
Okay. And I like that one. It seems to do the job well enough.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv