Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Is GamesirT1D OTG capable

Sauron

Reaction score
Happy with my Gamesir T1d controller, but not too happy with the lag.
Has anyone been able to use it over otg cable with the tello app or ATelloPilot?

Thanksalot

Reactions: Odde
I would like to use my gamesir t1d with otg as well, but i cant get it to work. I Do have a wifi repeater and it does work with bluetooth ybit Im just not a Fan, since bluetooth does interfere with the wifi Signal.

Reactions: MNNJR69
I was not able to get OTG to work with my T1d remote. I solved the problem by getting a T1 remote and now using the T1 with the aTelloPilot app. Works great almost no video lag.

Reactions: MNNJR69 and Odde
I have one and it does not work via OTG, tried on different devices with different cables. Nothing...
If a Gamesir is capable of cabled connection, it is stated right on the box and in the specs.
I'm really disappointed with this controller, it is sold as an official accessory dedicated to Tello on DJI store but works like crap. Flying with it is ok and the thumbsticks are responsive and precise but the video quality is just embarassing with terrible lags.
Also children know that a bluetooth/wifi connection sharing the same 2,4GHz frequency could cause that!
I have a T1s coming tomorrow and I really hope to solve the problem!!!

The T1s should work fine but you will have to use the aTelloPilot app. The Tello app does not support OTG. You can get OTG to work with the Tello app but you have to use another program in conjunction called octopus and re-map all the controls. I prefer the aTelloPilot

The T1s should work fine but you will have to use the aTelloPilot app. The Tello app does not support OTG. You can get OTG to work with the Tello app but you have to use another program in conjunction called octopus and re-map all the controls. I prefer the aTelloPilot
I'm aware of that. The point here is: T1d = no OTG

Reactions: Brady
I'm a new Tello owner, shopping for the best controller for me. I know literally nothing about game controllers.

I've read all the threads I could find on controllers, and have decided the T1d is out... not tolerating any lag or video interference.

Isn't the T1s more versatile than the T1?... as far as being able to connect to more different devices? I'm looking at maybe using it with various Android devices, Windows PCs, and a smart TV.

From my reading of the specs the T1s can connect wired or with Bluetooth same as the T1, plus has a 2.4G wireless dongle?

For the Tello, I already have an OTG cable, a short USB cable, and aTelloPilot app.

TIA

and have decided the T1d is out... not tolerating any lag or video interference.

So right, don't do my same mistake. They tricked me with the statement "dedicated controller"!
Anyway, I contacted Ryze support and they are very collaborative and seem really passionate about their project but they do admit the interference is an issue

1542226282502.png

Reactions: umanbean
Sorry to dig out this old thread, but somebody pointed it to me in a conversation on Facebook.
Long story short, the Gamesir T1d seems to work fine with OTG.
I wasn't able to test it in long range situation, only indoor. But I made sure my Bluetooth was off on my phone.
I used the TelloFPV app, so I can't tell if it's working with the original app.

Sorry to dig out this old thread, but somebody pointed it to me in a conversation on Facebook.
Long story short, the Gamesir T1d seems to work fine with OTG.
I wasn't able to test it in long range situation, only indoor. But I made sure my Bluetooth was off on my phone.
I used the TelloFPV app, so I can't tell if it's working with the original app.
bt isn;t completley off just because bt is turned off. The og of that convo mentioned that the controller connected before an OTG cable was even plugged in, he then turned off bt and the controller continued to work. So either it was working through the cable or the was working via bt. The convo wasn't that clear about it.

The T1d is NOT OTG compatible. You do not need the BT to be turned on for Tello FPV to work with the T1d (on my Note 3 anyway). I thought this was strange also but it works. One thing I did figure out is if your video feed goes to crap while flying, press the "pair" button on the controller. The T1d will disconnect, the video will recover, and the controller will reconnect automatically. All this in a matter of 3-4 seconds thanks to Tello FPV app.

The T1d is NOT OTG compatible. You do not need the BT to be turned on for Tello FPV to work with the T1d (on my Note 3 anyway). I thought this was strange also but it works. One thing I did figure out is if your video feed goes to crap while flying, press the "pair" button on the controller. The T1d will disconnect, the video will recover, and the controller will reconnect automatically. All this in a matter of 3-4 seconds thanks to Tello FPV app.
BLE. Your bf is still kinda on unless you turn BLE off.

Airplane mode switches off the cell phone function but wifi and bluetooth can and will still work. To turn of bluetooth you must go into setting on the phone and turn the bluetooth off. Leave the wifi on or you will not be able to connect to the drone.

The T1d is only a bluetooth device at this time. There may be a firmware upgrade some day that will enable the USB port if the thing is capable.

Reactions: syntax3rror
Airplane mode switches off the cell phone function but wifi and bluetooth can and will still work. To turn of bluetooth you must go into setting on the phone and turn the bluetooth off. Leave the wifi on or you will not be able to connect to the drone.

The T1d is only a bluetooth device at this time. There may be a firmware upgrade some day that will enable the USB port if the thing is capable.
I turn BT OFF it still works fine. Only with TelloFPV. Other apps it must be on. Maybe something in the app or issue with my phone. I don't know but I actually like this. one less thing I have to check during start-up.;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv