Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Is it normal for my Tello's power to cut out when hitting a wall?

Red5

Reaction score
Hi guys and galls,

I'm new to the drone flying game and recently got myself a Tello.

When flying indoors if I hit or even tap a wall my Tello's power cuts out and it falls to the floor.

Is this a normal trait of a tello? Is there anything I can do to make it more resilliant?

Many thanks,

Red5.

Yes, this is his normal behavior and you can’t do anything about it. Just fly more carefully.)

Thanks Skaner, one reason I ask is that a few of my friends also have small drones. We like to dog fight. This "undesirable" feature obviously puts me at a disadvantage. I'll just use more cunning 😂

Hi guys and galls,

When flying indoors if I hit or even tap a wall my Tello's power cuts out and it falls to the floor.

Is this a normal trait of a tello? Is there anything I can do to make it more resilliant?

Many thanks,

Red5.
Yes. Hit my Tello into a wall

Hi guys and galls,

Many thanks,

Red5.
I think the battery shunts in the casing briefly losing power

I think the battery shunts in the casing briefly losing power
Actually, there are sensors on the Tello that cuts the power when it hits something and becomes unstable, to prevent further damage or erratic movements...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atapattu