Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Liftoff without using "liftoff" command

hellowill89

Reaction score
I don't really like the behavior of the built-in "liftoff" command (Fly up and then hover ~1 meter above the ground). Is there a way to spin up the motors without that command? I would like a command which will immediately hover the drone (If taking off from the hand for example).

I don't really like the behavior of the built-in "liftoff" command (Fly up and then hover ~1 meter above the ground). Is there a way to spin up the motors without that command? I would like a command which will immediately hover the drone (If taking off from the hand for example).
Yes, put the left stick in the 5 o'clock position and the right to the 7 o'clock position. This will start the motors without takeoff.

Reactions: hellowill89
Sorry. That is beyond my knowledge. Ask @volate!lo or any of the development guys. I'm sure they can answer any question you may have.

Yeah, I tried that, and other variants but no luck. Likely the official Tello app is calling a different command when the sticks happen to be at that angle.

Yeah, I've tried that now, even though that doesn't correspond to an angled stick. Likely they are just calling a different command when the sticks are angled like that.

Something I find effective is immediately calling rc 0 0 -40 0 after liftoff. That makes it seem more stable after lifting off.

That's not like the angled sticks behavior, but it's still better than a regular liftoff.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv