Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Lighting Mod - Fiber Optic Nav/Orientation Lights Powered by USB OTG

Nice video and set up. I wanna ask you if you think a 3.7 volt battery that's 220 mAh can run 4 lights that use 3.7v?
Thank you. And yes, that should work fine. Fully charged, that battery will be 4.2V, so consider adding a resistor for each light in order to meet their 3.7V spec. They will likely tolerate the 4.2V, but at the cost of a reduced total life span. Cheers-

Thank you. And yes, that should work fine. Fully charged, that battery will be 4.2V, so consider adding a resistor for each light in order to meet their 3.7V spec. They will likely tolerate the 4.2V, but at the cost of a reduced total life span. Cheers-
Thanks that has me in the ball park.

Last edited:
Here's an update on my lighting. I really like the touch switch, and so ordered a few more from China for various projects.

View attachment 3211
really impressive work there. Especially like how you fitted the touch switch: looks great on the white tello shell and could easily pass for OEM

Would love to know more. Can you provide any details about switch you used and how you fitted it into the tello?

been looking into making custom lighting for the tello and am currently exploring EL lighting or possibly LED backlight modules cut to shape

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv